Search for content in message boards

Letts

Letts

Patricia Lowe (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2004 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to trace my grear grandfathers family. His name was Francis Walter Letts. He came to New Zealand a settler and was married to a Sophia Skinner or Kinner in Kaeo New
Zealand.he would have been born about 1850. The marriage cert. is very hard to read. Pleas can anybody help. Thanks
Posted: 17 Sep 2009 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Letts, Sayce, Maxwell-Hyslop, Skinner
My interest in Francis Walter (aka Walker) William James Farringdon (Frank) Letts was when he was named as father of Patricia Martha Faringdon Letts who married Conrad Harvey Sayce, writer (former architect) in 1925 in a Victorian marriage certificate which I have. CH Sayce was previously married in 1922 to Alice Mary Maxwell-Hyslop, headmistress who died in 1923.The intriguing note in
The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848-1954) Saturday 14 February 1925 .
SAYCE-LETTS. - On the 29th January 1925, by Rev. N. Claridge Goss, Conrad Harvey, second son of Rev. and Mrs. W. Sayce, of England to Patricia Martha Farringdon Letts, of New Zealand, granddaughter of the late Lord Farringdon.
[This latter point seems a good 'story' but as the Farringdon [aka Farrenden] seems to come from his wife's Sophia Anne (Sophie Ann) Skinner daughter of Thomas Farendo Skinner's ,side , I would like to see the evidence... see Ancestry notes & NZ BMD Indexes
http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/pt/event.aspx?tid=1586494&pi...

Re: Letts

Posted: 6 Mar 2014 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Letts
Hi Patricia
I'm your cousin Pam (aunty Noeline Lowe's daughter) We were in touch years ago but I moved around a lot and have lost contact details for you.
It would be great to catch up again. Are you still in Papakura. I moved to Auckland about 18 months ago. I have reconnected with other cousins as well.
Pam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions