Search for content in message boards

Hugh Park 0r Parks

Hugh Park 0r Parks

Richard Yount (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1999 8:44PM GMT
Looking for any information on a Hugh Park or Parks born 1750-1760 and married to a Mary Strong approx 1773. Children include four unnamed daughters and two sons. One son is named James Park or Parks another son named Robert born 1784 in South Carolina died 1853 .Any help greatly appreciated. Richard Yount

Parks

Mitzi Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 1999 8:31AM GMT
around Tillery, or Franklin NC. Edward James Parks d.abt.1929 marr.Josephine Johnson B.3-9-1861 she died 1947 had 8 children
Ethel Mae Parks Bryant
James Edwin Parks married Bessie ?
Elizabeth Parks Dickens, Lanora Parks Bland, Beadie Orzena Parks, Luther Andrew Parks marr. Alice, Durham Parks marr. Mattie, Katy Etta Parks
Don't know if this is any help, as I am doing the same thing your doing.
Good Luck, and if any of this fits let me know
Best Regards,
Mitzi

HUGH PARK/PARKS of SC

Posted: 20 Dec 1999 5:31AM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2001 2:19AM GMT
Hugh PARK had at least 2 or 3 marriages. One daughter was Jennet, d/o Hugh PARK and his wife, Jennet GLENN, d/o John GLENN of Chester District, SC. Another daughter married into one of my lines but I don't have her info at hand today. Hugh PARK later married Mary STRONG. Lets share.

Richard Yount

Laura (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2000 8:13PM GMT
I'm looking for a Richard Russell Yount
BD 4-49?

Amburs (?) Parks

Joy Brown (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 8:08AM GMT
Have been trying to locate my Parks line and have run into a brick wall. My Great GreatGrandfather was Amburs (not sure if spelling is correct) married to a Martha Raymer/Raimer/Ramer. They lived in Yell county, Ar in the 1870s but do not know where they came from. He died bef. 1878 because she remarried a Geroge H. Test in 1878.
There son was Robert Andrew Parks, Born in 1872 and died in 1917, all in Yell county, AR.
My Parks family line never left Yell County after Amburs and Martha moved there.
If you can give me any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Joy Brown
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 12:49PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 11:33PM GMT
I have a Hugh Parks in my line married to Elizabeth Corder. Hugh born in N.C. abt.1796 died in Williamson Co. Ill 1877. Had a son named Carroll Wesley Parks. I have civil was history on 2 other Hugh Parks that I found in my reseach. Let me hear from you and we can share info. Thanks Sharon
Posted: 14 May 2000 6:29PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 8:00PM GMT
I'm not related, but have some info regarding a Hugh Parks who was mustered into the Blackhawk War in Franklin Co., Il, served as a 2nd Lt. Is this your Hugh Parks by chance? If so, do you know where he was buried? Thanks.

Deborah Brothers
tully@fgi.net
Posted: 15 May 2000 9:54AM GMT
I have a Hugh married to a Corder and one to a Burnett. Do you have the year of birth on the Hugh you have military info on. I also have a Hugh Parks but not much info on him. They are all in the same family line. Thanks for the info it is likely one of my Hughs. On the place of burial I would think it was more than likely in Crab Orchard,Illinois. Sharon
Posted: 15 May 2000 12:21PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 8:00PM GMT
Let me tell you this story. My dad is a site manager for a southern Illinois state park. A large tree blew down last week (due to high winds/storm) behind their shop, and attached to the root ball of the tree was part of a tombstone. It is Hugh Parks' tombstone, and it just says that he was a BlackHawk War veteran. My dad didn't know if someone had stolen the stone long ago, if the man had been buried there and a tree planted in remembrance (that later somehow got attached to the gravesite) or what. Anyway, he set me researching this "mystery," and so I contacted you. Today I found his military record that listed when he was mustered in and came out--looks like he did a 3 month tour--but that's about it. That's all I know. If you can add info, that would be great. Since this happened on state property, I have no idea what protocol is or will be for the gravestone. If you can prove you're a direct descendent of this Hugh Parks', you might have some say in what happens. If that's the case, I'll let you know more details.

Deborah Brothers
Posted: 16 May 2000 10:36AM GMT
Your story gave me the chills. This would have to be one of my Hughs. I have a Hugh m. to a Nancy Burnett I have her birth as 1856 so Hughs was about that time I would think another Hugh b. 1796 in North Carolina died 1877 Williamson Co. Ill wife Elizabeth Corder b.1787 d. 3-19-1882 Williamson Co. Ill. and finally I have a Hugh S. Parks b. abt1869 in Williamson Co. Ill. Thanks for the info. I will have to see if I can get anymore military info., but I know it has to be one of mine. There must have been a graveyard or maybe it was a family burial place. It just came to me I think I remember a relative being buried in a state park cemetary. Let me check and get back to you. Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic