Search for content in message boards

Glace Bay Cemetary, St Marys? St Marks?

Glace Bay Cemetary, St Marys? St Marks?

Posted: 27 Oct 2010 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Dawe
Hello

Have posted before, trying luck again :) does anyone live near a GlaceBay cemetery called St Mary's (it seems to read on NS Gov't site of deaths).

Seeking to find out if a Dawe (name should be Solomon but could be something else) is buried there with the wife listed on NS site. Sarah Dawe died 1925. He died between 1901 - 1911 census and as such I think his record is not found online but it is possible the cemetery has the information or the gravestone.

I called a number but they told me there were many St Mary's Church Cemeteries, but in Glace Bay? Maybe they don't do searches there?

Thanks

Re: Glace Bay Cemetary, St Marys? St Marks?

Posted: 27 Oct 2010 9:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
sorry- Solomon or ? born 1845 - and not Solomon found on NS Gov't site boen much later - but possibly a son not known to me? and/or a relative?

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 2:45PM GMT
Just did a search through our CBGHA site and found St Mary's Anglican Cemetery. Sarah Dawe is buried in Section C and the headstone states" Wife of Solomon Dawe, born in Newfoundland" and the date is Mar 16, 1925.

Search of the four sections of the cemetery does not show a Solomon Dawe buried there.

The cemetery is on Maple Ave in Glace Bay and there is a number for the caretaker I can send you if you wish, just send me your email add.

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 5:59PM GMT
Hello and thank you I would indeed like to call to see if perhaps he is buried there with no name written on the stone. If not, I atleast know I need to begin looking elsewhere to find where and the date of Solomon's death.

Thanks again. My email ssmith_13ATmsn.com replace AT with @ sign.

Posted: 2 Nov 2010 5:17PM GMT
Hello again,
I was wondering if you had that number I wish to call and assure myself that the grave says wife of Solomon and maybe find some more information.

thanks

Posted: 2 Nov 2010 7:33PM GMT
Sent it to your msn account the last time we corresponded.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 9:11PM GMT
HI I'm in British Columbia but would like this contact # for
St. Mary's cemetary.
I am looking for Clifford Henry Spencer's burial born 1893
son of John Henry Spencer and Mary Jane Spencer(Wadden)
I have the location for the parents and a siser Girtrude but can't locate Clifford. He died quite young. So early 1900's

Re: Glace Bay Cemetary, St Marys Anglican Church Glace Bay

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 4:03PM GMT
Phone: (902) 849-9063

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 12:23AM GMT
Hi did you have any luck?

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 1:55AM GMT
No, but I learned how to spell cemetery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic