Search for content in message boards

Ward Post (1762-1807)

Ward Post (1762-1807)

Posted: 5 Aug 2008 8:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: POST BUCKINGHAM
Ward Post was born in Saybrook, Middlesex County, Connecticut to Deacon David and Deborah (Ward) Post. In (or shortly after) 1800, Ward (and possibly his wife and daughter) went to Washington County, North Carolina, where he died in 1807. If his wife (Sarah Buckingham Post) and daughter were there with him, it is probable that they removed back to Connecticut after his death. There is no listing for them in the 1810 census in North Carolina, but there is a probable listing for them back in Saybrook.

I am looking for information about Ward in North Carolina: What he was doing there, how he died, if he is buried there, etc.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks!

Bill Post

Re: Ward Post (1762-1807)

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 12:53AM GMT
Ward Post was a sea captain and died in Washington NC a seaport along the Atlantic coast. I do not believe his wife and family ever left Connecticut and I don't think he moved there, was just a stop on his shipping route and he died there.

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 3:08AM GMT
What a wonderful surprise. Thanks so much, Hist0rian2, for that information. May I ask where you came across this information?

I appreciate your reply!

Bill Post

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 3:42AM GMT
I am working on a DAR application using Ward as a Rev War patriot. I am also descended from him. he's my 3rd gr. grandfather. The Posts stuck to CT. I have not been able to find his death cert in NC but he is buried in the family plot in Essex, riverview cemetery CT. There may be a record of a body transport to the cemetery for burial but I have never looked for it. His daughter Monisa A Post married Judah Simmons my 2nd gr grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic