Search for content in message boards

SASSI, Gino J.

SASSI, Gino J.

Transcriber (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: SASSI, BUSSETTI, LANGEVIN
Barre Town – Gino John Sassi, a resident of Barre since 1922 died March 2, 1997 at his home on Philbrook Street. He was born May 2, 1922 in Groton the son of Italian immigrants, Joseph and Cecilia (Bussetti) Sassi. He attended North Barre School and was a 1941 graduate of Spaulding High School. During World War II he served in the Army Infantry and Military Intelligence. He was honorably discharged on June 1946 after three years of service. On November 26, 1948 he married Eleanor Langevin. He was active in civic affairs and served the Vermont Legislature as state representative from Barre from 1980 until 1988.

In earlier years, he was an apprentice stone carver at Anderson and Friberg and Valz Granite companies. He founded Celestial Memorial Granite Company in 1948 which he managed with his sons, Gary and David. He was a member of St. Monica Church. Survivors include his wife of Barre Town; three sons, Mark of Woodbury, and Gary and David Sassi, both of Fayston and four grandchildren. Burial was in the family mausoleum in Hope Cemetery, Barre.

Re: SASSI, Gino J.

Posted: 14 Mar 2002 12:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 2:08AM GMT
my father in law came from sicily as a young boy and left home(Brooklyn)and came to montana at about age 25-30 .we have always thought he changed his name for some reason but believe it is with this or simular spelling as yours. hope to hear from you.

Posted: 14 Mar 2002 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: STACHE
sorry-- I forgot to tell you his name or the one we know is solvatore venitza stache.

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 1:55PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2003 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: SASSI
My grandfather, Gino Sassi, was born in Bologna Italy in 1905.
His brother, Terenzio, lived in New York and died in 1972.
I recently moved from Italy and I am lookink for relatives.
I hope to hear from you
Alessandra Sandri Schmid
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions