Search for content in message boards

Rice and Souder.

Rice and Souder.

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for Rice and Souder families of Shamokin Pa. My great grandparents were George Emerick Rice and Catherine Louise Souder. Their son Thomas Francis Rice is my grandfather. Does anyone know of this family. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Kathy

Re: Rice and Souder.

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 8:20PM GMT
Don't forget to check original spelling REISS. I don't follow this family, but often see the name in books on emigrants from the Kraichgau (now in Baden-Wurttemburg), Lower Alsace, the Palatinate (Pfalz), and Zweibrucken.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Rice, Lockhart
Yesterday i received the death certificate of my great grandmother. our family knew nothing about her since she died in 1934 at age 21. her name is marie lockhart. nee Rice. her death certificate says she was from Shamokin but she lived in Philadelphia. It says her mother was Helen Rice (from Shamokin) but its strange that is listed as her maiden name and Michael as the father. Probably connected somehow. Just cant find the connection. It also says the informant of her death was Clarence Rice.They lived at 1322 w frankford ave philly

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 1:53AM GMT
My Rice family is from Shamokin. I know nothing of my great grandfather's family. He is George Emerick Rice married Catherine Louise Souder. All their children were born in Shamokin, Pa. They moved to Philadelphia, Pa. and lived near your relative. Makes me think we are connected somehow.

Posted: 30 May 2013 9:04PM GMT
Hi Kathy, I really believe that we are related. My great grandparents were George Emerick Rice and Catherine Louise Souder. My grandfather was Walter Peter Rice (1896-1970) who I believe was the younger brother of your grandfather Thomas Francis Rice.

Posted: 1 Jun 2013 12:25AM GMT
Hi Kathy, I really believe that we are related. My great grandparents were George Emerick Rice and Catherine Louise Souder. My grandfather was Walter Peter Rice (1896-1970) who I believe was the younger brother of your grandfather Thomas Francis Rice.

Posted: 8 Feb 2014 5:54PM GMT
We are definitely related. I remember my Uncle Walter. He was my grandfather's brother. I rememb er him coming to my house to visit us at 1811 N. Mascher St. Your grandmother Susan is my dad's godmother. Looking to share information. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions