Search for content in message boards

Andrew Kreutzer death date

Andrew Kreutzer death date

Posted: 13 Nov 2006 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Wanting to find date of death and burial place of my gggrandfather Andreas/Andrew Kreutzer b. 1799 and lived in Grafton in 1870 with son, Andrew. He came to WI about 1835 from Darmstadt, Hessen.Religion was Lutheran--was member of St. Johns Kuburg from 1851-1869.

Re: Andrew Kreutzer death date

Posted: 24 Jan 2007 1:24AM GMT
Greeting's
Not sure if they are related, but a relative of mine married a Anton Kreutzer in Milwaukee Dec 17, 1870. His father is listed on the Marr. cert. as Anton and the mother as Eva Langstein. A book of names indicates that Andrew and Anton may be the same, or both a variation of Tony. The person he married had her 1st husband die in 1870, they ran a tavern in Milwaukee. Anton then helped run it.
The 1880 census indicated his name as Antone Kereutzer,
age 34, born Hsse Damstadt (his parants also born there),
occupation beer brewer. His wife was Anne (Johanna) Schulz (nee Schlegel). She was 44 yr. old in 1880 census. She died in 1909 and her name on the gravestone was Johanna Kreutzer. Unknown what happened to Anton. More info. may be available. Will check for possible additional info. if you are interested.
Robert J. Felber

Re: Andreas Kreutzer in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 23 May 2013 1:44PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2013 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Kreutzer
I've indexed some clippings found in Milwaukee's German papers for an Andreas Kreutzer: a farm sale in Grafton, Wis. (1867 - may be a lead for Andreas Sr. death), and death notices (Andreas Jr.? 73 yrs., 1904)? These are some of the 40 or so Kreutzer entries or references found in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions