Search for content in message boards

Surname "Robl" - female Version "Roblin" ?

Surname "Robl" - female Version "Roblin" ?

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 11:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robl
I am currently researching some ancestors by the surname of "Robl". I browsed the name register at the digital archive in trebon and noticed, that there are quite a few "Robl".

However, I also found a lot of "Roblin", mostly with female christian names.

Is "Roblin" the "female" version of the surname "Robel" just like the appendum "ova" like in the surname "Kerschbaum-ova" (which means: "the wife of ...")

Has anyone got some evidence on this?

Re: Surname "Robl" - female Version "Roblin" ?

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 7:21PM GMT
Hi Kris.

Robl was common surname in border's regions of Bohemia specially in regions near German border.
You are right. In old German writing used the priest by Robl's female "Roblin" by Kerschbaum female "Kerschbaumin".
It is translated to Czech as "Roblova" and Kerschbaumova".

All the best.
Tony.

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 9:00PM GMT
Thanx Tony,

then i probably just found a few ancestors :)

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 5:07AM GMT
Greetings I am a descendant of John Robl birth 21 Dec 1872 Austria, who migrated to the United States. I was wondering if you had any information on him?

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 5:38PM GMT
Hi, I do not have a Johann Robl in my family tree. Do you have the names of any other ancestors (e.g. his parents) Maybe we share some common ancestors.

And are you sure, he is born in Austria? Or would it be Bohemia (todays Czechoslovakia)

Posted: 4 Dec 2013 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Robl
Hi, I'm a descendant of Anna Robl (great great grandmother), born September 30 1866 in neugebau (now called novy svet). Neugebau is in south bohemia near the German/Austrian border. She identified as Austrian and technically was a subject of the Austrian empire at the time of her birth (thus it can be confusing trying to determine if your ancestor is bohemian or Austrian as we think of it today).

She is related to a johann robl (although I'm not sure how yet). Let me know if johann was born in the novy svet region-- we might be related. Anna robl emigrated to baltimore, maryland around 1887.

Posted: 5 Dec 2013 6:27AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2013 6:29AM GMT
Hi,

I do not have "Anna Robl" in my Family tree, but I do have Johann Robl, born 1795 (I haven't found the village yet). The Robl were a quite big family in Bohemia (and approx. a fourth of them had the names "Johann" and "Anna" :). Do you have any more information for me, that I could cross-check with my Robl family? I also have a lot of "Stadlers" that immigrated to Baltimore. Do you know anything about them?

And there is a connection between "Stadler" and Robl: Alexander Stadler married Katharia Robl, who was a daughter of Eva Robl, who was a daughter of Johann Robl. Maybe Anna was a sister of Katharina?

Wouldn't be the first time in my family history that a whole bunch of sister, brothers, husbands and wives emigrated.

Posted: 5 Dec 2013 4:21PM GMT
Anna was born in neugebau and she married a schmidl (also from German bohemia but we do not know his village). Were any of your robls residents of neugebau in the 1860's? Anna has "John robl" listed as her father on a baltimore city death certificate and a johann accompanied her to baltimore in 1887...but we're not sure if this johann is her father or possibly a cousin or brother. We're also not sure if this johann stayed in Baltimore or returned to bohemia. I found Anna robl's baptismal record in the novy svet/neugebau parish records but I can't quite read the hand writing and my German is truly awful...it appears that her father's name starts with an M according to this record (which contradicts her death certificate). At the moment, I am uncertain of her mother's name but katharina is a possibility based on my transcription of the name listed in the parish register. I have a professional genealogist looking into this but I won't know anything for a few months...when I find out more, I'll get back in touch and let you know if there's a connection.

Posted: 5 Dec 2013 6:35PM GMT
This one http://digi.ceskearchivy.cz/cs/6089/171 ? The father is Martin and mother Karolína.

Posted: 6 Dec 2013 11:11PM GMT
Can you post the URL of the record? I can see, what I can do. I don't have any direct connection to the Robls from Neugebäu, but I have someone that married a Robl that has a connection to Neugebäu. Maybe your finding is the missing link :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions