Search for content in message boards

Lokking for Info on "Lang" Family from Bohemia

Lokking for Info on "Lang" Family from Bohemia

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 9:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lang, Haselberger
"Lang" is probably a quite widespread name. Maybe someone can help me with some additional Info. Here is some Info on the "Lang" family I'm looking for

Theresia Lang * 20. Dec 1835 in Kubohütten + 11. Feb 1914 in Oberplan, married Dominik Miny (or "Mini") * 4. Aug. 1835 in Honetschlag, + 27 Apr 1883 in (unknown)

Other names in the "Lang" family:

Anton Lang * unknown + unknown married Barbara Haselberger * unknown # unknown were the parents of Theresia Lang.

Franz Lang * unknown + unknown married Anna Maria Henke * unknown # unknown. They had a son called "Anton Lang"

Theresia Lang * unknown + unknown married unknown and they had a son called "Franz Lang".

From the few people I know, they were all from the southern bohemian region.

Re: Lokking for Info on "Lang" Family from Bohemia

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 7:23AM GMT
The Lang family that lives today in Oshkosh,Wis.made their
way northeast along the Bavarian-Bohemian border to the village of Kushwarda,Bohemia, only a few kilometers from
Kubohutte. As early as 1590s, they were in Freyung,Bavaria and in Leopoldsreut,Bavaria. Eventually seeking an easier
living they must have moved into Bohemia and spread out into
Bohemia from the village of Kushwarda. Today in FREYUNG_Bavaria is the Lang BREWERY>NOT TOO FAR FROM THE
BORDER INTO BOHEMIA

Re: Looking for Info on "Lang" Family from Bohemia

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 7:42AM GMT
Thanx for the great insights. Do you have any information on the people and their ancestors I mentioned in my query, that you could share?

Thanx

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 4:15PM GMT
I have info on the Lang family that live in the Oshkosh
Wis. area. And I have translated a book called The Chronicles of Bischofsreut into English that has many
of the Bohemian villages listed, with names and house
numbers. Charles

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 4:18PM GMT
Charles,

is there a chance I can get the book you mentioned, either in German (preferred) or the English translation? Is it available online?

Thanx

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 9:31AM GMT
Kriszdian

If you would like a copy of the book in English.
contact me at cniggl@yahoo.com. I only charge 10.00
U.S. dollars which is the price of pub. at Kinko's.

Charles Nigl
the German version is at the Oshkosh Public Library
and they may have it available online??

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 7:43PM GMT
Hello Charles,

My name is Ben Karl I live in Oshkosh. My Grandfather was Rudolf(Rudy) Karl his Mother was Aloisia Bauer... Lang... Karl. Mary(Lang)Drexler, Joeseph Lang, Anna(Lang)Voss, et al, are my family. Aloisia's brother Rudolf married Albina Miny. I have some info but not much. I was wondering what info you could share?

Best Regards,
Benjamin R. Karl

Feel free to use my email brk574@hotmail.com

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 9:56AM GMT
Dear Ben,

sure ... and thanks what you've shared so far. I will look into it on Tuesday, when I get back home.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions