Search for content in message boards

BARBER;STOCKHAM

BARBER;STOCKHAM

Noel (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2004 11:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARBER;STOCKHAM;KNAPP;OLNEY;PEARSALL;LEE;VERNER;VANSCHOONHOVEN;SNOW;SCOTT;ROCKWELL;CLOUGH
Trying to locate info. on Nathaniel BARBER b. abt. 1774 married to Louisa STOCKHAM b. abt. 1775.
Children: Rhoda, Stockham, Ceresa, Polly, Abigail, Nathaniel, Alonzo, Tryphena & George L.

Found Nathaniel and his oldest son Stockham BARBER listed on an 1820 Fabius census as well as John & Tryphena (UNKNOWN)STOCKHAM (brother to Louisa STOCKHAM).
I have other information to exchange.

Thank you,
Noelle

Re: BARBER;STOCKHAM

Posted: 25 Mar 2010 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Stockham, Lewis
Hi Noelle,
My great great great grandmother was Louisa Stockham, who I think had a brother, named John, and she married John F Lewis (my great great great grandfather) from Connecticut. They lived in Canada. I don't know if there's a relationto your Louisa, but I've been researching my family as well.

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 2:00PM GMT
I am related to Louisa Stockham from Fabius, Onondaga. Louisa is married to John Lewis, he was born in 1792. He has a son named Reid, he was born in 1836, but on his marriage records it says he was born September 23, 1825. Reid married Esther Lepard, and together they had 3 children. Their children were: John Washington Lewis, born July 12, 1870 died December 12, 1923; Charles W., born 1875; Hermen, born 1880. The second marriage of John Lewis was to Carolina Hurt, married August 29, 1982 in Queenville. They had three children: Reid S, born February 18, 1884; Jennie M, born May 12, 1888; Henry D., born March 24, 1891.
I also have a copy of the will of John Stockham who was married to Typhrena and he where he was buried.
I also have the information for Leonard Lewis married to Mary Ann Higgins on February 25, 1891. They had 10 children together.
I am Howard Lewis's grandson and he gave me this information when I was growing up. He had a scroll with his name on top. I have all of this information from researching and I am still researching.

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 1:20AM GMT
I have a from yhe North Tonawada City HAT JOHN STOCKHAM LEWIS IS MARRIED TO LOUISA ANNIE STOCKHAM AND REID S LEWIS AND IT SAD IT HE WAS B IN 1836 AND HE MARRIED ESTHER ANN LEPARD PUT REID LEWIS B 1825 AND MARRIED IN 1869 THE SOME AND LEONARD LEWIS MARRIED MARY ANN HIGGINS IN 1861 AND HIS SISTHER PHOEBE JANE LEWIS B 1840

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 4:49AM GMT
Searching for information re Jemima Stockham, b. 1806, Fabius, Onondaga Co, NY who m. Alexander Shankland, b. 1805, NY. They have dau Tryphena b. 1836, OH - move on to Jefferson Co, Iowa - divorce in 1857, Jefferson Co, Iowa. Jemima returns to Fabius by 1868 last noted in 1870 Census - Fabius. Tryphena Shankland marries George Washington Thompson as his second wife His brother Gideon Thompson marries Mary Stockham -

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 5:39AM GMT
NancyPexa1940:

Have your information ref Jemima Stockham/Alexander Shankland.

2greatgrandmother Francis Shanklin is sister to Tryphena Shankland.
Henry Babcock (Fabius, NY)- Francis Shankland
Josiah Wright Babcock - Electa Clarinda Hayes (dau of John B. Hayes and Samantha Lewis)
Nehemiah Babcock - Abigail Wright
Timothy Babcock - Ann Stewart
Looks like Job Babcock likely candidate - looks like family split loyalties during Rev.

Francis Shankland -

Alexander Shankland - Jemima (See 1860 Census for Liberty, Iowa). Then to NY. 1860's Henry/Francis to Missouri - Alexander Shanklin bought land in Missouri in 1860. Exchanged land for care in old age to Henry/Francis.

Alexander Shankland - Vententia Willson (A.S. buried in Cannan, Wayne, Ohio Rev War.

Robert Shankland (See Cherry Valley Massacre and Cooperstown, NY) - Sarah Beaty (dau John Beaty and Christiana Clinton)Family split loyalties during Rev.caused name change to Shanklin.

Will provide details if I have what you need.

R. Raymond Smith

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 1:15PM GMT
my email is nanpexa@gmail.como or you may write me at nancy.pexa@gmail.com. Your response is exactly the story I am following. I too have many little pieces I have put together and will send you copies of all that would be useful to you. My purpose is create two Daughters of the American Revolution supplemental applications - One for each patriot - Alexander Shankland and the other for Robert Shankland. They both have been acknowedged as DAR patriots but no one has followed the path through Alexander Shankland his wife Jemima Stockham. They divorced and I have a copy of the divorce I did not know that Alexander exchanged the land for are in old age. Are you familiar with the DAR process? Thank you for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions