Search for content in message boards

Adolph, Fred, John & Herman Hauch 1900-1920

Adolph, Fred, John & Herman Hauch 1900-1920

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hauch/Hauck
Looking for Naturalization records and death records for these individuals. They were Germans from Russia who immigrated about 1900 from Volhynia. They appear in the census records of Green township, Taylor, Co from 1900-1920. Fred's ship records say he was headed for Rib Lake, Wisconsin. Is that in Greenwood Township?

Re: Adolph, Fred, John & Herman Hauch 1900-1920

Posted: 1 May 2012 3:42AM GMT
Hi!

I am researching my family history.
We seem to have a name in common.
That would be Herman Hauch.
If my research is correct, he immigrated to ellis island NY USA on Oct 16, 1895 from Russia. He was 20 years old.

Not much in between is known by me. I know little of this Herman Hauch's history until he married Lena Lachenski (or Lena Leschetski. (2 different spellings of her name in her obituary. Geez! They lived in RIB LAKE, WI.

I found this out by reading both obituaries from Rib Lake "find a grave site".

One of their children, my grandmother, Theresa (Hauch)Henning, lived to be 104, and passed on May 18, 2007.

Herman Hauch and his wife were farmers.

Do you suppose you and I are looking at the same family tree?

If so, do you know if he emigrated with his brother's, family, friends, etc?

I would be glad to share with you what we know about relatives if you think we might be connected!

Would love to hear from you,... and learn more!

Sincerely,
Kathy Henning
Seattle Washington
360-303-3975

Posted: 1 May 2012 9:37AM GMT
Adolph appears to have been a cousin to Fred, Herman and John. John died in Canada. There was also a sister, Louise. John, Herman, Fred and Louise all came from Volhynia, Russia to America. They appear first in New Jersey and then Wisconsin. I have quite a bit of information on this family as my wife was a Hauch. Her branch settled in Berrien County, Michigan as did Louise. I would be glad to send you the information if you are interested. Email me at

brackettwilliam@yahoo.com

Posted: 2 May 2012 12:23AM GMT
HI!

And thank you so much for your email and your information!
It was joyously appreciated!
Holy cow! I see you appear to be quite ahead of me in the game of researching relatives! I read some of your articles posted on the internet!Wonderful, and they give a more clear picture on why they perhaps came to the USA.

I would LOVE to receive any information you might have.
Do you think we are talking about the same folks?

And I in turn would love to share with you any information my 80 year old father is sending me concerning the Hauch side.

My address is
Kathy Henning
1916 Pike Place, #155
Seattle, WA. 98101

I am absolutely fascinated by this, and thank you so very much!

Am looking forward to see also, how we might be related!

Take care,
Kathy

Posted: 2 May 2012 9:35AM GMT
Please give me your e-mail address and I can send you my files. That would be much quicker than printing and mailing them.

I am sure this is the same group. I have been trying to get the lady who posted the Rib Lake group on find a grave to transfer them to me. She added the obituary I sent her for Lena but then has not responded. I would love to see what your father has on the Hauch family also.

William Brackett
3070 West U.S. Hyw 12
Niles, MI 49120

Posted: 2 May 2012 6:04PM GMT
Here is an obit I have for Herman Hauch. Ir ran in the Star News on Thursday August 29th, 1940. "Final Service for Herman Hauch, Rib Lake resident, Held-Funeral services for Herman Hauch, 65, of Rib Lake, who died in Medford Saturday, Aug. 17, after a four year illness, were held Tuesday, Aug 20 at St. John's Lutheran church in Rib Lake. The Rev. Irwin J. Habeck of Medford officiated. Burial was in Rib Lake cemetery. The deceased was born at Valrnski, Rovna, Russia in 1875, coming to this country in 1900 and settling in the town of Greenwood. Survivors include his wife, three sons, Henry and Emil of Minneapolis; and Edward of Rib Lake; four daughters, Mrs. Sam Brotman and Ella of Minneapolis; Mrs. Geo. Henning of Rockford, and Mrs. Frank Schreiner of Greenwood; and 12 grandchildren. Pallbearers were Geo. Schreiner, Wm. Wilhelms; John Slonena, Andrew Bucki, Geo. Gojmerac and Ernest Pomple. Those from out of town who attended were: Herman Leonard, Medford; Mr. and Mrs. Edward Nordgren, Rockford, Ill.; Mrs. Elmer Krueger, Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. Carl Voltz, Ogema; and Miss Marian Benhard, Minneapolis"

I assume Geo. Henning is your ancestor.

Posted: 2 May 2012 7:58PM GMT
Oh how wonderful!
My email address is kathy@hammeringgirl.com

When I get the info from my dad, I will for sure forward it.

Thank you soooo much!

Kathy Henning

Posted: 2 May 2012 8:43PM GMT
Thank you so much for my great grandfather's obit.
My grandmother Theresa Hauch, married einer larsen who immigrated march 16, 1910, most likely at 20 years of age.
He came from Odder Denmark, but it was said he was born in copenhagen. He was a cobbler. He refused to teach his sons the trade as he wanted them to have a better life. Grandpa fought in many major battles during world one 1. He is buried in the military cemetary on arsenal island, in Illinois, along with grandma.(Theresa Hauch). When Theresa was 16, she left rib lake and joined her older sister mary in mpls. to work as a waiter. She was promoted to cashier and that is how she met einer, her future (cantankerous) husband, who was about 13 years older that her.

Grandfather (theresa's husband) changed his name to george emil henning. he did this because as "einer larsen", everyone thought he was a swede.They had 3 children, a boy named donald,a daughter joyce, and my dad, george emil henning jr.They had relocated to rock island, illinois by then where they stayed until their death. My father george was vice president and director of admissions at Augustana college for many years. He still resides there and just had his 80th birthday.

My grandma theresa had a fine wit about her. She liked her husbands original name better than his new one. Her first son was born healthy and grandpa wanted a son named after him. she refused. when dad was born, he had jaundice and they thought he probably wouldn't make it. so she volunterred to name him george sr.and...to their surprise...he lived. For years through her 80's and 90's they would together tell the story about how she thought she could bury the name with the child. She was quite the wonderful character and her stories go on and on!

My dad George in late adulthood nearly died 3 times from a blocked intestine. 2 out of 3 of those times required lifesaving surgery. Dad thinks that this is probably how Herman Hauch passed away as he remembers shortly before he passed, the poor guy said something to his wife like..."if i could just go to the bathroom, i feel like I would be fine." (told to him by grandma)

Now, keep in mind grandpa henning didn't like swedes more than a little bit. i imagine probably because of the wars denmark and sweden had.

Dad in turn married my mom..."jeannine Johnson" a full blooded swede. There was a large population of swedes that settled in illinois. Evidently, the danish swede combination didn't work too well for them either, as they divorced after having 3 children... my older sister jeanne, myself, and my younger brother bill(william). Jeanne now has 4 children(one adopted from korea)My brother has 2 children. And I have 2 dogs!

Mom's grandmother hulda swanson, immigrated from smoland sweden, an area of extreme poverty, nov, 29, 1893.
She came to the usa at age 16, alone, but with a group of girls who arrived to be servants and start a better life. Hulda had a servant position waiting for her in chicago... the city it is said...was founded by a mass immigration of swedes who came in at least 3 great waves due to famine all around.

There is a little bit of family history for you!
Take care,
and thank you!

kathy Henning

Posted: 3 May 2012 1:46AM GMT
Hi!
I am curious.
Where does your wife fit into the Hauch family tree?
Thank you so much!

Kathy

Posted: 3 May 2012 9:16AM GMT
My wife's line were cousins to your line. They came to Berrien County, Michigan from Russia in 1904. Several members of this Hauch family settled here including a sister of your Herman, Louise (Hauch) Strunk. I will send you a descendant chart that will explain the connetion better. I am still trying to locate the origins of the original Hauch in Volhynia, Russia, who was named Christian Hauch back in Germany. They were germans who were living in Russia, not Russian.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions