Family Tree Maker 2014 Patch Available

Family Tree Maker 2014 Patch Available

Posted: 11 Oct 2013 3:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Oct 2013 12:25PM GMT

Re: Family Tree Maker 2014 Patch Available

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 7:45PM GMT
After downloading this patch today I can no longer get FTM to sync. Was not having any problem before this patch.

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 5:53PM GMT
Still get the same error when trying to sync. Nothing has changed at all. This is really starting to feel like a rip off. Not been able to sync since Sept 28.

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 8:00PM GMT
Could be a problem with the "Sync" file that is in the "appdata" folder.
Give support a call and see what they have to say. Also could be a issue with you data file and not the program.

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 1:18AM GMT
I guess I will stay with 2012 for awhile.

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 11:09PM GMT
Do you happen to have the mysterious telephone number for support. The patch did not fix my Synch issue either, and the problem is that I now have made changes to FTM and to Ancestry.com, and I do not wish to unlink either version of the file as I will lose the work that was done in the either. I want to Synch them. It has now been almost a month since I was last able to successfully able to Synch and I am getting worried. I am also concerned that there does not seem to be any way to reach a real person.

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 2:29AM GMT
1-800-ANCESTRY (262-3787) (toll free) in US or other areas:
http://c.ancestry.com/Affiliate/Knowledgebase/contact/contac...

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 12:45PM GMT
This is my problem as well. I bought FTM for the first time when 2014 came out and i did a bunch of work after downloading my tree, and it has NEVER SYNCED. EVER. I'm so frustrated. I don't want to lose my work on either tree!

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 4:27AM GMT
The patch didn't work for me. I'm real close to just deleting the online tree and working only via desktop. I do not believe I will buy anymore FTM software either.

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 4:45PM GMT
ok I downloaded the FTM 2014 mid September. Worked fine til Sept 28 where I have been unable to sync with Ancestry ever since. I was eventually prompted to download the patch and my version says it is up to date. I have followed the instructions for sync errors, I have compacted, and it didn't improve. I disabled Windows defender antivirus and disabled firewall, still no improvement. I have unlinked, relinked and merged. I have cleared my cookies and cache. STILL WILL NOT SYNC. I have went over this with customer service on the phone and they can't give me anymore ideas but still insisting that its on my end with the problem. It is OBVIOUS with SO many people having this error that it is faulty software issues and they apparently cannot seem to repair it. I have world wide access til February and bought the FTM 2014 so I could save all my research and end my connection with Ancestry. I am so frustrated and feel very ripped off. I do not need software that won't update changes as I change stuff daily sometimes several times a day by adding new info. What else can I do? I am at the end of my rope and NOT happy at all. For these people to still be SELLING this obviously defective software is really ridiculous when it is not working for SO many people. I have a new laptop just purchased in August with windows 8, so I have all the system requirements. I've done everything they said to do and NOTHING is working. Where do I go next or who do I contact now because I am at the end of my rope with this. 150 bucks is a lot of money for a six month subscription then I paid something like 29.99 for the FTM 2014 so I am into this for several dollars now and do not feel wrong in insisting that I get what I paid for. I am up for suggestions. I am also tired of being spammed in mail trying to still sell me this junky FTM 2014 when I already own it and its useless.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions