Search for content in message boards

Dare McGuiness - Daylesford Victoria

Dare McGuiness - Daylesford Victoria

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 11:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jan 2011 8:30AM GMT
Surnames: McGuiness, Malcolm
I am seeking information about Dare McGuiness born 27/9/1882 at Daylesford Victoria, son of Edward Robert McGuiness and Margaret Malcolm. No trace of him can be found after about 1900. He is the missing piece in a family tree. Any clues much appreciated.

Re: Dare McGuiness

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 7:10AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
No sign of marriage or death to 1920 on Diggers.Have you checked electoral rolls?

Re: Dare McGuiness - Daylesford Victoria

Posted: 31 Dec 2011 2:40PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2011 2:42PM GMT
Hi - we've only recently started to look at my wife's family and the line from William Malcolm b 1831 who appears to be the brother of Thomas b. 1827
Came across this post and wondered if you have a result - if not could this be of interest

http://muse.aucklandmuseum.com/databases/general/Cenotaph/49...

As our eldest moved to Melbourne from UK about 2004 would be interested in any connection there, don't know if you can help?

Posted: 31 Dec 2011 11:28PM GMT
Hi four47 - great to hear from you and thank you so much for the NZ site. We had traced Dare to NZ and knew he enlisted in the army during WW1 and survived. Dare died 16/5/1980 in a little town just outside of Auckland. He never did marry.

I have a great deal of info on the family of William Malcolm b. 1831 which I am only too happy to share with you. Please contact me at UQuinel@bigpond.com.

My family come from Melbourne and I visit my sisters regularly. If you give me contact details for your eldest, I will make contact when next in Melbourne.

Cheers, Elizabeth

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 9:47AM GMT
Surnames: MCGUINESS
You might be interested in this. It's Dare's grave at Helensville cemetery that i took...interestingly on 24th Nov ...exactly 2 years after you did this original post!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/porkynz/8240087785/in/photostre...
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/porkynz/8241154756/in/photostre...

I'm no relation, just like cemetery photography and particularly of old soldiers.

Cheers
Sarndra
www.sarndra.com

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 10:23AM GMT
You wonderful, wonderful person. Thank you so much. Since first posting the message I had established that Dare went to NZ and had enlisted there, and died at Kaukapakapa Nth Is.

These photos are mana from heaven!

Cheers, Elizabeth

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 10:37AM GMT
Aww you are so very welcome.
I know how exciting it is when i get a photo relating to my own family research ... a real buzz, only too happy to pass that buzz on!

Have an incredible Christmas and keep up the good work!

Sincerely
Sarndra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic