Search for content in message boards

Griese Clan Reunion 1975

Griese Clan Reunion 1975

Jim Hitchcock (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Griese, Noonan, Banville, Hotchkiss, Fehrlin, McGlynn, Johnson, Erickson, Farley, Pischke, Hitchcock, Ramsay, Jantz
GRIESE REUNION HELD NEAR WASHINGTON D.C.
The "Eastern Branch" reunion of the GOTTLIEB GRIESE and BRIDGETT NOONAN Family was held on November 2, 1975 at the home of Brigadier General James Harold Banville in Chevy Chase, Maryland. This reunion brought together decendants of Ellen Griese Banville, James Harold (son) and Mildred Hotchkiss Banville (daughter-in-law); James Griese, Earl Milton Fehrlin (son - name changed from Griese to Fehrlin by adoption following James Griese's divorce), Gertrude Gilman Fehrlin (Earl's daughter), Thomas Francis McGlynn (Earl's daughter Frances Louisels husband - Frances deceased); Mary Ann Griese Johnson, Mary Ann Erickson Farley (Mary Johnson's daughter Evelyn Beatrice Johnson Erickson's daughter) and her husband Richard Farley, and James Oran Hitchcock (son of Louise Hazel Pischke who is the daughter of Mary Griese Johnson's daughter Nellie Pischke) and his wife Elizabeth Ramsay Hitchcock and sons James Thomas and Steven Robert. The day consisted of a review of a very comprehensive genealogical study being conducted by General Banville, in which he is collecting data on the Griese family in the form of pictures, biographical sketches and memorabilia. The primary contributor has been Mrs. Hazel Jantz of Ripon, Wis. who has accumulated many pictures and family historical sketches over the years. Earl Fehrlin was in the Washington area from his home in Florida to visit with his daughter Trudy of Silver Spring, MD and his son-in-law Tom McGlynn and grandchildren of Glen Burnie, MD. Jim and Mildred Banville are retired now. Richard and Mary Ann Farley live in Adelphi, ( MD., near which Rick works as director of the U. S. Department of Agriculture Library In Beltsville, MD. Jim and Beth Hitchcock and children live in Greenbelt, MD. Jim is a Chief Warrant Officer, U. S. Navy and is stationed at the Naval Security Station, Washington, D.C.

Re: Griese Clan Reunion 1975

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Jim,
I am looking for family history that I think you or your family has.

My g-father was Thomas Francis McGlynn Jr. and my g-mother's father was Earl Milton Griese-Fehrlin. Please if you can give me any info let me know. I know very little past Earl's real father's name.
Thanks for the help,
Erin

Re: Griese Clan Reunion 1975

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Griese, Johnson, Noonan, Lampson, Fehrlin
Just noticed your item under .... 1975.
Earl Milton 31 mar 1893 and Cecil 13 Jan 1895 were born to James Griese 26 Apr 1865 Pickett WI - 27 Nov 1949, N. Battleford, Sask, Canada & Gertrude M. Lampson of Sun Prairie, WI (married 17 Sep 1891 Ripon - divorced)

James married Minnie Schultz? and moved to Canada. Gertrude remarried to Otto Ferhlin. Earl and Cecil were adopted by Otto.

James Griese was son of Gotlieb Griese 2 feb 1828 - 1 Dec 1909 and Bridget (Bee) Noonan 15 Feb 1833 - 22 May 1911. This is where our paths cross - Gottlieb and Bridget are my great-great grandparents. Gottlieb and Bridget met and were married on the ship Hydrosie on their way to Australia for the Gold Rush. They had three children in Australia (Margaret, Thomas and Ellen). The Gold Rush fizzled out but the California rush was on so they sailed west to America in about 1861. They stopped in the Ripon area on their way to Calif. but stayed and settled. The other 8 children, including James and my Great Grandmother Mary Ann were born in Ripon. My email is jhitch8@verizon.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions