Henry Davis

Henry Davis

Delottie (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS, HALL, MEADOWS, DILLOW

I am searching for any siblings of Henry Davis b.KY abt.1816

married Elizabeth HALL 10-24-1838 Greenup co. KY. My grandmother always said the Davis's came from Carter co. Henry had a son Henry O. Davis b.9-4-1834 m. Sarah MEADOWS 9-5-1859. They had William J. Davis who married Emma DILLOW her grandparents came from Va. I have more information on the Dillow family if anyone is interested.

Re: Henry Davis

Louella Davis (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Dillow, Meadows, Haney

William Davis m Emmy Dillow, I have photo, my grandfather was Thomas J. Davis, his father was Henry O. Davis m Sarah Meadows his father was James Davis m Lavina Haney.

Sherry Lowe (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS, MEADOWS, HANEY

Henry O. Davis, husband of Sarah Meadows, was the son of James "Jesse" Davis and Lavina Haney.

Carolyn Shreve (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS, WILLIAMS
Hi,
Do you happen to have a Lamack Davis in your lines?
Or Sarah (sally) married to a Eli Williams Sr.
Thanks

Lucille Miller (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Dillow, Cassidy
I am looking for more information on Robert Dillow who married Elizabeth Cassidy from Wythe Co. Va. Do you have
any information on him. Would appricated any help you can
give me. Thank you.

Posted: 16 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:47PM GMT

In my line I have Sarah Davis married to Eli Williams, Sr. but know nothing more about her. Do you have further informaton?

Carolyn Shreve (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:47PM GMT
Hi, Yes I have a little more info on Sarah Davis. Her father was Lamach Davis he was married to a Rebecca Williams I do not know of any ties to Eli Sr. on this. My line is Eli Sr. Sarah had 2 other sisters Nelly Davis and a Rebecca Davis. Lamach was also a slave holder in Carter or Bath county. Do you have any info on Eli Williams Sr.? I have 7 children listed for Eli Sr.and Sarah- Harriet, Alfred, Lamach, Rebecca, Thomas, Eli Jr., Bazil(my line). Well this is kinda long hope it helps some. Let me know.
Carolyn

Delottie (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Meadows, Haney
Yes, Henry O. Davis who married Sarah Meadows was not the son of Henry Davis. The elder Henry that I thought was his father lived next to him so he very likely is of some relation. James Davis & Lavina Haney are Henry O. Davis's parents. This website is a good place to look at Davis & Kilgore's of Carter Co., KY. http://www.usgennet.org/~baicon/index.html

Posted: 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Jones, Gee
I checked the 1850 Greenup Co. census and found Henry Davis age 33 b. KY married to Elizabeth age 30 b. VA. They were married 10/24/1838. There are no children listed for them. There is a Matilda Jones age 1 and William Gee age 29 living in there household. There are quite a few Davis listed on this census but the only other Henry I found was age 14 (about the right age for your Henry O.) in the family of James Davis age 58 Levina age 57, Sarah age 19, Margaret, 16; Henry, 14; William, 11; James, 8; & Mary, 5. Could it be that you have the wrong father for Henry O? There are quite a few more Davis on this census if you would like a lookup.

Donna Gwinn Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Dillow, Cassidy, Davis
I have information on Robert Dillow and Elizabeth Cassidy, who settled in Greenup and Carter County, Kentucky. What particular information are you looking for? My grandmother's maiden name was Ellen Dillow, She married a Davis and they lived in Oldtown, Kentucky.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic