username or email
Search All Records
Census & Voter Lists
Birth, Marriage & Death
Public Member Trees
Immigration & Travel
Recent Member Connect Activity
Ancestry World Archives Project
Family History 101
Help – FAQ
Family History Wiki
Hire An Expert
You are here:
Names or keywords
Neal - Family History & Genealogy Message Board
Hide Advanced Search
Begin New Thread
<< Prev Thread
Next Thread >>
Change to Thread View
1 - 10
Tina M. Onderdonk
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 10:59PM GMT
Looking for siblings,and parents to John (Henry)Neal b:1842 Vadis, West Virginia d:8Jan 1918. Married 3 times: 1-wife Sarah-had 3children Baylard b:1865,David b:24 May1867, Emma b:1870. 2nd wife Jane Morrison had 2 children Mary b:11dec1877, John C. Neal b:27 Mar1911. Any info would help.
John Henry Neal
Posted: 20 Nov 2000 5:34AM GMT
I, too, am researching Neal family history from Logan W.Va. My father was Roy Neal.Roy's dad was Simeon Neal. Simeon's dad was John Wesley Neal. John Wesley's
dad was Elliott Neal. Elliott Neal's dad was Thomas Neal. This research comes from a cousin I have never met. I hope it helps some.
John Neal (Jr?)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 7:14AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:38PM GMT
We have alot in common and some of the details I had have been proven to be inaccurate.
I sure hope we relate and can share info.
Contact Steve Neal at
My grandfather Radford Andrew Neal was b.1880 in Magazine Mountain Ark.
His father was John Henry Neal Jr. b.1847 in Ark d.feb20,1912 in Stidham
Okla.The Family Bible Says "John C Neal".
Descendants of John Neal
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 NEAL was born 1815 in Arkansas, and died October 18, 1877. He married MARY ?.
Children of JOHN NEAL and MARY ? are:
2. i. JOHN HENRY2 NEAL, b. January 1847, Morrelton, Arkansas; d. February 20, 1912, Stidham,Oklahoma.
ii. ELISA NEAL, b. 1837, Arkansas.
iii. ALFRED NEAL, b. 1838, Arkansas.
iv. JAMES NEAL, b. 1842, Arkansas.
v. MATILDA NEAL, b. 1846, Arkansas.
vi. SALLY NEAL, b. 1850, Arkansas.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN HENRY2 NEAL (JOHN1) was born January 1847 in Morrelton, Arkansas, and died February 20, 1912 in Stidham,Oklahoma. He married (1) SARAH MARGARET BLAND. He married (2) MARY H. BLOCK. He married (3) ELIZABETH Abt. 1868 in Arkansas. He married (4) MELISSA USSERY Abt. 1875 in Arkansas.
He was a trainer trader of horses.HE traveled alot. He remarried after the death of his 1st wife.
Notes for MELISSA USSERY:
SHE WAS BORN ABOUT 1860 IN MISSISSIPPI. SHE MARRIED A JOHN NEAL IN ARKANSAS. THE FAMILY BIBLE LISTS HER AS MILISSA. SHE WAS HALF INDIAN. HER MOTHER WAS BORN IN MISS, HER FATHER IN TX. I CANNOT FIND HER AS A CHILD. -Bobbie Conklin
More About MELISSA USSERY:
Died giving birth,perhaps to Radford Andrew Neal
Child of JOHN NEAL and SARAH BLAND is:
3. i. STELLA3 NEAL, b. 1890, Arkansas; d. Unknown, ?.
Children of JOHN NEAL and ELIZABETH are:
ii. JAMES D.3 NEAL, b. 1869, Arkansas; d. October 29, 1886.
iii. ALFRED NEAL, b. 1874, Arkansas.
Child of JOHN NEAL and MELISSA USSERY is:
4. iv. RADFORD ANDREW3 NEAL, b. September 18, 1880, Morrelton,Ark.; d. December 1937, Sand Springs,Okla.
Generation No. 3
3. STELLA3 NEAL (JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born 1890 in Arkansas, and died Unknown in ?. She married GEORGE H. MEGES 1906 in ?.(McGee?)
Children of STELLA NEAL and GEORGE MEGES are:
i. SARAH A.4 MEGES, b. 1907.
ii. JOHN B. MEGES, b. 1909.
4. RADFORD ANDREW3 NEAL (JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born September 18, 1880 in Morrelton,Ark., and died December 1937 in Sand Springs,Okla. He married MARY ELIZABETH ERVIN November 01, 1903 in Locust Grove,Indian Territory,Okla., daughter of WILLIAM ERVIN and EFFIE WICKREN.
More About RADFORD ANDREW NEAL:
1900 Census: 1900, Logan County,Ark.Sugar Creek Township reports Radford lives with John Rush his wife, where he works as a farm laborer.
1910 Census: 1910, McIntosh cty.,Burton TownshipOkla. reports Radford owns a farm which is mortgaged.Lives with his wife two children,Addie James.
1920 Census: 1920, McIntosh cty.,Raye TownshipOkla. reports Radford (as'Robert') rents a farm as a sharecropper. Lives with his wife seven children, who are not attending school.
Social Security #: June 24, 1937, #445-09-7337
Radford's family lived in Arkansas.Mary's family moved to Oklahoma.In 1903 Radford rode his bicycle from Arkansas to Oklahoma to be with Mary.
Children of RADFORD NEAL and MARY ERVIN are:
5. i. VIRGIL HUGHES4 NEAL, b. June 13, 1917, Hanna,Okla..
6. ii. VIRGIE OLLA NEAL, b. June 13, 1917, Hanna,Oklahoma; d. December 08, 1997, Manford,Oklahoma.
7. iii. JAMES HENRY NEAL, b. 1906, Oklahoma; d. 1968.
8. iv. FRED RUFUS NEAL, b. February 17, 1914, Oklahoma; d. November 15, 1977, Tulsa,Oklahoma.
9. v. CHARLIE CLEO NEAL, b. December 03, 1920, ?; d. May 1964, Sand Springs,Oklahoma.
10. vi. MALISSAEVELYN NEAL, b. 1912, Oklahoma; d. August 29, 1996, Sand Springs,Oklahoma.
11. vii. JUNIOR EARL NEAL, b. June 01, 1924, Chickasha,okla.
12. viii. LILLIAN MAY NEAL, b. May 15, 1910, Hanna,Oklahoma; d. March 29, 1997, Fresno,California.
13. ix. ADDIE PAMELA NEAL, b. August 04, 1904, Stedham,Indian Territory,Okla; d. October 09, 1953, Sand Springs,Oklahoma.
Generation No. 4
5. VIRGIL HUGHES4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born June 13, 1917 in Hanna,Okla.. He married BEATRICE NORA WEBB July 23, 1938 in Sand Springs,Okla, daughter of JONATHAN WEBB and HATTIE GUINN.
6. VIRGIE OLLA4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born June 13, 1917 in Hanna,Oklahoma, and died December 08, 1997 in Manford,Oklahoma. She married WARREN CARTER.
Children of VIRGIE NEAL and WARREN CARTER are:
16. i. MARY ETTA5 CARTER, b. Abt. 1936, Keystone,okla.
17. ii. CLAUDETTE CARTER, b. Abt. 1939, Sand springs,okla.
7. JAMES HENRY4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born 1906 in Oklahoma, and died 1968. He married FLORENCE LINCOLN Abt. 1935 in Keystone,okla.
More About FLORENCE LINCOLN:
Died of lukemia?: Abt. 1939
Children of JAMES NEAL and FLORENCE LINCOLN are:
i. LYLE5 NEAL, b. November 1935; d. 1968.
ii. DONNA JEAN NEAL, b. Abt. 1939.
8. FRED RUFUS4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born February 17, 1914 in Oklahoma, and died November 15, 1977 in Tulsa,Oklahoma. He married FANNIE INGLES Abt. 1934 in Manford,okla.
Child of FRED NEAL and FANNIE INGLES is:
18. i. KENNETH WADE5 NEAL, b. Abt. 1935, Keystone,okla.
9. CHARLIE CLEO4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born December 03, 1920 in ?, and died May 1964 in Sand Springs,Oklahoma. He married JEAN NEAL Abt. 1942 in Sand Springs,Oklahoma.
Charlie died when the drill he was using on the tin roof of his chicken coop shorted out.
Children of CHARLIE NEAL and JEAN NEAL are:
i. TOMMY5 NEAL, b. Abt. 1953.
ii. NEDRA JUNE NEAL, b. Abt. 1949.
10. MALISSAEVELYN4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born 1912 in Oklahoma, and died August 29, 1996 in Sand Springs,Oklahoma. She married WILLIAM YOUNG Abt. 1930.
Children of MALISSAEVELYN NEAL and WILLIAM YOUNG are:
i. ROBERT5 YOUNG, b. Unknown.
ii. JO ETTA YOUNG, b. Unknown.
iii. HELEN YOUNG, b. Unknown.
iv. ILA RAE YOUNG, b. Unknown.
v. ROY DEAN YOUNG, b. Unknown.
11. JUNIOR EARL4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born June 01, 1924 in Chickasha,okla. He married MAURINE BROWN August 22, 1942 in Sapulpa,Okla, daughter of SY BROWN and FLOY ROBERTSON.
Children of JUNIOR NEAL and MAURINE BROWN are:
19. i. ANITA SUE5 NEAL, b. September 16, 1943.
ii. GLENDA NEAL, b. May 03, 1945.
12. LILLIAN MAY4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born May 15, 1910 in Hanna,Oklahoma, and died March 29, 1997 in Fresno,California. She married THOMAS WAYNE CONKLIN September 26, 1923 in Oklahoma.
Children of LILLIAN NEAL and THOMAS CONKLIN are:
i. JANICE WAYNETTE5 CONKLIN, b. August 17, 1940, Sand Springs,Okla; m. JIMMY STAFFORD.
ii. CAROL JOYCE CONKLIN, b. December 28, 1942, Sand Springs,Oklahoma.
iii. CHARLES LESLIE CONKLIN, b. February 01, 1934, Cleveland,Oklahoma; m. MARTHA FRANCIS PENROD, December 20, 1952.
iv. VIRGIL PATMAN CONKLIN, b. May 08, 1936, Wagner,Oklahoma; d. April 20, 1994, Cross Anchor,South Carolina.
v. JAMES HERMAN CONKLIN, b. January 15, 1932, Oklahoma.
vi. THOMAS ANDREW CONKLIN, b. August 29, 1929, Odessa,Texas.
vii. LILY LOUISE CONKLIN, b. July 11, 1924, Apterson,Oklahoma.
viii. PHYLLIS JUNE CONKLIN, b. August 31, 1927, Amarillo,Texas.
ix. ADDELINE CONKLIN, b. Unknown.
x. RUTH LAVERN CONKLIN, b. October 01, 1925, Amarillo,Texas; d. May 30, 1996, Tulsa,Oklahoma.
13. ADDIE PAMELA4 NEAL (RADFORD ANDREW3, JOHN HENRY2, JOHN1) was born August 04, 1904 in Stedham,Indian Territory,Okla, and died October 09, 1953 in Sand Springs,Oklahoma. She married (1) FRANK KASULIS. She married (2) CLARENCE ORVILLE HEMPHILL 1926 in Oklahoma.
Child of ADDIE NEAL and CLARENCE HEMPHILL is:
i. BETTY5 HEMPHILL, b. Abt. 1930.
John Hawkins Neal
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 4:10AM GMT
Could you possibly tie this man into your chain?
John Henry Neal
Posted: 4 Apr 2001 10:14AM GMT
My great grandfather was John Henry Neal born in 1862 and married to Rebecca Ann Bailey she was born in 1864. Do yo have any additional info??
Re: John Wesley Neal
Posted: 17 Mar 2003 11:15PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2004 11:34PM GMT
Maybe a related family?;
In Pine Creek Presby Church's record;
Neal Alexander Campbell; child baptised 1871; son of John & Sallie
Neal John Wesley; child baptised 1871; son of John & Sallie
Neal John; father before 1871
Neal Sallie; M of 2 sons before 1871
Pine Creek Church then was at the cemetery site; now Fox Chapel Boro., NE of Pittsburgh Pa.
Posted: 2 Mar 2012 5:44PM GMT
John Henry Neal was my gggrandfather. He married Virginia Jane Morrison in 1864 in Barbour County, WV. After she died, he married Olive Peters. He had a son named Balyard, and Balyard had a son named Oliver. Oliver was my Grandfather. If this is the same John Henry Neal, please contact me. I have hit a dead end. Thank you.
Posted: 25 Dec 2012 10:23AM GMT
neal peters brown morrision
How is your search going? I'm a sibling of john henry neal I believe I can help help you i'm actually working on john his wife and his kids. Now was balyard olive peters son? My name is rusty neal my grandfather was franklin neal may I ask your name? I believe john henry neal and jane morrisionlived at rt 1 in linn wv I have info say their daughter emma brown and your great grandfather is supposed to be buried near the residents. Anything you can offer me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Posted: 30 Dec 2012 12:49AM GMT
Hello. My name is Rita Neal Lowther. John Henry and Olive did not have any children. John and Virginia Jane had Balyard, Emma, David, Anna, Arthur,Mary, Maggie and unnamed twin brother, and Jonathan. I know John Henry is buried in the Carter-Vadis Cemetery. Olive buried him with her family. My info is that Emma Brown is buried in the Boilen Cemetery in Gilmer County. She was buried on a Tuesday, and on the following Thursday her husband, John, died. David Neal married Snythia Exline in 1901. Arthur married 4 times.Mary died at age 22. She was riding a horse and choked on a snuff-dipper made from willow. Maggie and her twin were born 5/17/1880, and the boy died 6/3/1880. Jonathan was 9 years old when he died.If you have ANYMORE info, please let me know. I believe John Henry's parents were John and Mary, and he was born in Allegheny County in PA or VA. Not sure. Please share any info you have. Thank You.
Posted: 30 Dec 2012 10:05AM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2012 11:33PM GMT
I found a Orville neal that I believe was Maggies twin that died as an infant. Any more info on this neal family would be greatly appreciated e-mail me at
Results per page
1 - 10
Change to Thread View
Find a board about a specific topic
Surnames or topics
Request New Board
Visit our other sites:
Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.
© 1997-2013 Ancestry.com
Terms and Conditions