Search for content in message boards

WATTS of Loiusiana

WATTS of Loiusiana

Posted: 9 Oct 2000 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 1:44PM GMT
Am seeking information regarding ancestors (and seeking decendants) of Viola Watts McCrary (Married Charles William (Tobe) McCrary. She had atleast one brother--John and a sister -- Mary.

What I know according to family Legend:

The family moved to the area around Ruston, Minden, Jonesboro after the Civil War. Although she and her 7 daughters denied the lineage, she was 100% Cherokee. I think they were from Northern Alabama, but am not certain. According to family legend for as far back as the mid 1600's there has been a John Watts, followed by a Little John Watts, etc., etc. John every other generation, and Little John every other generation.

Contacts for any information are:
TEckols@aol.com, LnStLdy001@aol.com, TTomabm47@aol.com

Thanks
Linda Thomas Eckols

Re: WATTS of Loiusiana

Judy-Judy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2005 2:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you happen to have a birth date or marriage date for Viola of Alabama?
Judy

Linda Ruth Thomas Eckols (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2005 10:16PM GMT
Viola Watts "Miss Ola" Watts McCrary was my g-grandmother. I do not know birth or marriage dates. She passed away when I was in my teens. She and my g-grandfather C.W. "Tobe" McCrary are buried at Zion's Rest Cemetery in Jackson Parrish, La. Also, my grandfather Jesse Malcolm "Mac" Robinson is buried there.

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2005 11:44PM GMT
I have been collecting Watts in Alabama, with hopes of sorting them out and "maybe" finding links as to the ancestors of my Great Grandpa Levi Watts. I have accumulated quite a few WATTS! as they seem to be as common as Smith and Jones.
The only Ola Watts I have listed born in Alabama is from Calhoun County, Alabama, daughter to Andrew Jackson Watts (b. 1875 AL) and wife Mary "Bessie" Hulsey. This Ola was born ca 1903....I have more on this family if you THINK she could be yours!

The only Viola Watts I have born Alabama in 1860 married Campbell and died in GA.

Sorry< i don't have more.
Judy

Posted: 22 Apr 2005 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: WATTS, CLIFTON, COODY
Hi, First my adress now is sclark@twinvalley.net
Do you know anything of a Josiah WATTS that came to LA in mid 1800s and settled in Claiborne Parish? His father was John Evans WATTS and they were in Copiah Co.,MS for a number of years prior to that. Josiah was married 3 times and outlived 2 wives and he and his 3rd wife, Eliza BUTLER raised a large family in Claiborne and Bienville Parishes.
Please let me know if this rings bells.
June

Neal Watts (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2005 6:53PM GMT
Josiah Watts, b. 1818 in Wayne County, MS.
John Evans Watts b. 1795 in Washington County, GA "Jehu" was a War of 1812 soldier.
John Watts, b. 1754, probably in VA. John was a Revolutionary War soldier in the militia in Camden, SC.
Thomas Watts b. 1722, possibly in Scotland, moved to what is now Kershaw County, SC in 1754.

I can provide you with lots of details on this family line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic