Search for content in message boards

Kilkenny/Fahey/Dunphy/Smith

Kilkenny/Fahey/Dunphy/Smith

Posted: 16 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2002 10:52AM GMT
Surnames: FAHEY, FAY, DUNPHY, SMITH, SMYTHE
Looking for descendants of JOHN FAHEY and BRIDGET DUNPHY [not sure when or where they married]. They had at least 3 children, PATRICK, b 25 Feb 1837. Bridget, b 4 April 1840 and James, b 20 July 1851. Children were born in Ballytobin and Knockgarvie, which is in the Dunnamaggin area of KILKENNY.
PATRICK FAHEY married in Dublin c 1864 to Mary or Maria SMITH or SMYTHE. Children were Walter who changed his name to FAY in 1891, Jane, William, John, Stephen, Henry, Florence and possibly Bridget. Patrick was in the 4th Royal
Irish Dragoons for 21 years and settled in Manchester. All replies acknowledged and appreciated. Thanks, Wendy Cooksey, Wodonga, Australia

Re: Kilkenny/Fahey/Dunphy/Smith

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 10:02PM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Dunphy, Smith.
I am tracing the names Dunphy/Smith. In particular Shamus Dunphy who married Bridget Flynn, I believe they had a son Patrick b. abt. 1815 Kilkenny. At some point (I haven't discovered yet) they emmigrated to Newfoundland, Canada. Also, James Smith b. abt. 1803, maybe born Wales? Have you come across these in your research?

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 11:37AM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2002 10:52AM GMT
Surnames: Fahey/Fahy/Fay/Dunphy/Smith
Sylvia

Here are my details:
John Fahey married Bridget Dunphy, possibly in Dunnamaggan, Kilkenny Ireland. Children James, 20/7/1841, Bridget, 4/4/1840 and my g grandfather Patrick, 25/2/1838. All were born in Dunnamaggin. Patrick married Mary Ann Smith [born Grimston, Norfolk c 1842] They had 7 children.
Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Posted: 7 Mar 2007 3:01AM GMT
I am also researching Seamus Dunphy and Bridget Flynn in Kilkenny ireland...Have you found any more info?
Linda

Posted: 14 May 2014 12:07AM GMT
Hello, Wendy. Your posting is a few years old, so I hope this reply reaches you. I am a fairly recent researcher. My great great grandmother was Bridget Fahey, born around 1840 in Ireland. Not sure Where....or who her parents were...or if she had siblings....
She immigrated to USA either before or after she married Thomas McGuire (also born 1840 in Ireland). She died 20 Oct 1892 in NY.
Any chance of a connection?
Ann Marie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic