Search for content in message boards

obits-Hull

Posted: 17 Nov 2001 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2002 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: Hull
James Hull (d.1854) and wife Elizabeth KInder Hull (d.1866)

Joseph Hull (d.1899) and wife Rebecca Chamberlain Hull (d.?)

This is my line. They presumably died in Kinderhook area, Pike Co. Il
thanks, Pat

Re: obits-Hull

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 4:07PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Hull and Card
I'm searching for Samuel Hull who married Sally Card, 1832 , Pike Co, IL.

I can not find them on census 1840 or 1850. I've not found any other mention of them other than their marriage.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. contact me: Imo Greenwood at: greenwic@intcomm.net.

Thanks for your help and time.

Posted: 23 Nov 2001 6:01PM GMT
Imo, your query of 11/21/01 -I confirm Samuel and Sally married 2/12/1832, but do not know where. Have no info on Cards. Can you confirm they were married in Ill?
My Hull line,James, was a brother to your Samuel. Their parents were Samuel Hull baptized 1755, died 1802?03, and Bathena Norton. Sam and Bethena had 11 children.
thanks for interest
Pat

Posted: 23 Nov 2001 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 2:04AM GMT
John;

Sally & Samuel's marriage is recorded at Pike Co., IL, Book I (i) page 12.

Also on the IL marriage web site.

They just seem to disappear, after their marriage.

Her Father, Joseph Card, died May 16, 1847. She is listed as an heir, Mrs Saml Hull, along with her sisters & brother, Karen (Happy) ,Mrs Elijah Humphrey; Mary W., Mrs Isaac Slater; and Frances ,Mrs I. A. (Isom Ashbury) Randle and my gr grandfather Mr. Zimri Card.

I know most of the Card info.

Thanks for the reply and help.

Always, Imo Greenwood
Posted: 8 Aug 2002 5:51AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2004 4:18AM GMT
Samuel Hull was married to Sarah "Sally" Card. She was born, circa 1802 in Norht Carolina. They removed to Prairie-du-Rocher, Randolph County, Illinois. Samuel, was in 1850, a farmer in Randolph County,

1850 US census for Illinois
Roll 125 Randolph County
94-17 Samuel Hull 58 VA Farmer; Sarah 48 NC; Mary A. 18 IL; Francis (s9c) 14 F IL.

The Hulls around Kinderhook/Hull, Ill. Pike Co. came from VA to Sparta, Ill. and then to Pike Co. around 1829. Although some stayed in Southern Illinois, most moved north because they "refused to raise their children in such a Hell hole."
Wendell
Posted: 8 Aug 2002 6:03AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2004 4:18AM GMT
James and Elizabeth Kinder Hull died at Kinderhook, Ill. Not named after the Kinder family, but named after Kinderhook, N.Y. They are buried in Hull cemetery north of Kinderhook, Ill., Pike Co. Joseph lived on the "home" place and took care of his aged parents. I think Joseph and Rebecca Chamberlain Hull are also buried in Hull cemetery, but I'll have to look it up. Children of Joseph and Rebecca are:
William, d inf.
Sarah, dy
Allie; m Edward Staggs
Mary "Mollie"; m John Pryor
Grandparents of Ben Pryor of Hull, Ill.
Ida: m (1) -- Dejaynes (2) -- Dejaynes
Nettie; m (1) George Kelly (2) Hiram Miller (3) -- Huddleson (4) Ed Wilson

How are you descended from Joseph?

Wendell

Posted: 8 Aug 2002 3:54PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2002 5:09PM GMT
Wendell;

Thanks for the reply. I have searched for Samuel & Sarah "Sally" Hull for a long time, I did not know her name was Sarah. Can you tell me any more about this family, I would love to have what info you will share. Contact me; Imo Greenwood at: greenwic@intcomm.net.

When I searched the deeds at Pikeville, IL, I did not find a deed where Samuel & Sally Hull had signed off of her father, Joseph Card's holdings, or maybe I just missed it. I did on Karen Happuch "Happy" (Card) Humphrey, Mary W. (Card) Slater & Isaac Slater, Frances (Card) Randell & Isom Ashbury Randell, and my gr grandfather, Zimri Card.

Karen Happuch "Happy" and Mary W. both also state on 1850 census they were born in NC. I have found a Joseph Card in Wake Co., NC, I think is their father.

What is your connection, if any to this family. I am happy to share what info I have on the CARD family. I published a book Dec 2000.
Thanks again for the reply, your help and time. I look forward to hearing from you SOON I hope.

Always, Imo Lee (Card) Greenwood

Ron Staggs (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2003 10:08PM GMT
Interested in Edward Staggs. I have him marrying Emma Alice Hull March 25, 1883 in Kinderhook. Emma's parents are listed as Joseph Hull and Rebecca Chamberlin. 1880 census shows children of Joseph and Rebecca Hull as: Andrew, Sarah A, Emma, Sarah E, Ida and Netta May. Interested in parents of Edward Armstrong Staggs. If you have any information would really like to have it. Thanks.

Wendell R Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2003 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Lease, Hull, Pothast, Cadwallader
I was born at Kinderhook Il and there are Hulls in my family tree. I also lived in Barry IL until sophomore year in high school (1952) and remember a barber by the name of George Staggs. Perhaps he is of the same family (Barry and Kinderhook are about seven miles distant). Feel free to email me direct if I can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Pat Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2003 7:21PM GMT
Hi Ron I have Joe & Rebecca's children as: William, Sarah, Alice(is it Emma Alice), Andrew, Mary E., Ida, and Nettie(Netta). Mary is my g grandmother, b.1866 d.1943 m. April 03 1884.
I have seen the 1880 census showing a Sarah E. which I believe is wrong. It should be Mary E. Mary was called Mollie at times, she married John S. Pryor. I think Emma is buried in Parklawn cemetery.Was Edward staggs b, 1867? I don't follow Staggs but see a Benton Staggs married a Susan Eliz. Hull, also Hull cemetery lists--Staggs, infant , b. 05/22/1891 d. 06/--1891 and Ida E. b. 08/27/1892 d. 04/--/1893, children of E.A. & Alice.
I was born near Barry and remember a George Staggs, he use to cut my fathers hair.

Research on the Hulls gives me info. going back to their arrival in America, any info especially on the II. Hulls or Chamberlains(lins) is welcome.Do you have info on Rebecca?

Please keep in touch, I would be pleased to help in any way.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions