Search for content in message boards

Wilder Family--Lancaster MA

Wilder Family--Lancaster MA

Posted: 9 May 2005 3:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 12:17AM GMT
Surnames: Wilder
Looking for information on ancestors of Zilpah Wilder, daughter of Aspah Wilder and Zipporah Wheeler. Zilpah Wilder was born in Lancaster on Nov 14,1745 and she married Col. William Williams on Feb 12,1761. Need info tracing back to Edward Wilder son of Roger Wilder. Roger came to America on the Mayflower.
Thank you

Re: Wilder Family--Lancaster MA

Donald Hansen (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2005 1:16AM GMT
Judy,

I believe that Asaph Wilder was the son of Deacon and Colonel James Wilder, Esquire, J.P., and Abigail Gardner.

James Wilder was the son of Captain Thomas Wilder Jr. and Mary Houghton.

Thomas Wilder Jr. was the son of Thomas Wilder and Anna Eames. (Possibly Anna Mears)

Thomas Sr.is at times referred to as the Immigrant Thomas Wilder to distinquish him from the Martha Wilder family because there is no certainty that he is the son of Martha Wilder who immigrated to Hingham, MA in 1638 with her daughter Mary where they joined her son Edward and daughter Elizabeth. Is the Edward you refer to that son of Martha Wilder? If Thomas Wilder Sr. were proven to be the brother of Edward then your Zilpah would I believe be the gggrandneice of Edward. Also, I believe there is no relationship between that Edward Wilder and the Roger Wilder who arrived on the Mayflower.

If you want more details I will be glad to furnish them and also the source of this information. By the way I am a descendent of the Immigrant Thomas Wilder and Thomas Jr.

Don Hansen
E-Mail: dhansenhss@aol.com

Posted: 12 May 2005 12:15AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 12:17AM GMT
Thank you for your information. My Asaph Wilder was born 1714 died 07/28/1749
He was the son of Ephriam Wilder B: 08/16/1678 and
Elizabeth Stephens B: 1680.Would you have any info on these Wilders?
Thanks Again
Judy

Sarah (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2005 5:35PM GMT
Hi Judy
Please contact me off list.
My maternal grandmother was a Wilder
I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Sarah

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 5:35PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2006 6:46PM GMT
Do you have any data on the line from Thos b. 1618 to Nathaniel b. 1650 to Nathaniel b. 1688 to Aaron b. 1723 to Elias b. 1765 to Orin b. 1794 in Vt.? This is the line of the people who married into the Million family in 1839, Harriet Phoebe Wilder m. John Tedder Million.

Judy Williams Low (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2006 11:11PM GMT
I am the gggggggreatgrandaughter of William and Zilaph Williams. What information are you looking for. I have the information on the Williams family.
Judy

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 11:41AM GMT
Surnames: Wilder
I also am a descendant of Thomas Jr. (through Nathaniel)
Me (faith, Harold, Margaret, Wallace, John Fisher, David, Abel, Abel, Jerahmeel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Thomas).. I have been seeing multiple disputes as to who Thomas' father was.. Is there any documentation any where that would help to rectify this Situation? For those who believe that Roger was the father of thomas, edward, Elizabeth, and Mary is there documentation? and same for Those that believe that Thomas Sr. was the father? I know many people site the book of wilders, does the book have source information for this generation..?

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Wilder, White, Highlands, Sroufe, Wardlaw, Keene
If you are talking about Roger who came over on the Mayflower, that is not possible. Now I am quoting from the book "The Mayflower and Her Possengers" by Caleb H. Johnson, Pg. 249:

"He came as a servant with the John Carver family. He was under twenty-one years old when he made the voyage, as he did not sign the Mayflower Compact on 11 November 1620."

Now from Page 13:

"Mr. Carver and his wife, died the first year, he in the spring, she in the summer; also his man Roger, and the little boy Jasper, died before either of them, of the common infection."

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 6:09PM GMT
Roger Wilder died 6 months after landing here...he had no children...go to www.wildercousins.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions