Search for content in message boards

Korinek, Kotinek

Korinek, Kotinek

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Korinek, Kotinek
Any chance that Korinek was changed to Kotinek? Or vice versa? I am from the Anton Kotinek line, who emigrated to USA in 1881 from Bohemia. They settled in Nebraska. Any info you might have would be appreciated. My email is pmautschke@yahoo.com.

Re: Korinek, Kotinek

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 2:00AM GMT
Any thing is possible. How can I help you?
Anton came to Nuckolls county, NE, arrived April 8, 1881 in New York.
Jean

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Kotinek, Korinek
I have that information. My Anton Kotinek family tree is on rootsweb. I was just wondering, since the spelling is so similar.

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 8:45PM GMT
Hi Patricia, I looked at your tree and it's looks good.
I would like of offer a few corrections if I may.
In 1881, when Anton came over, he arrived in New York port, not Ellis Island. Ellis Island started in 1892.
Anton's origin I believe is Krenovice aka Chrenovice, near Ledec Nad Sazavou, Caslav. This info came from the NE-KS Czech Settlers book by Sobotka. This town does not yet have their birth, marriage, death records digitized on line yet.
As for the mystery of the "Grandma", I believe she would be
Josephine/Josefa Pribyl born about 1815, probably in Krenovice.
Josephine traveled with Anton and Mary on board the Hohenstaufen and is found to be living with them on the 1885 Nebr. State census in Victor, Nuckolls,NE. She is listed as Grandma on this census, so she's not Mary's mother.???
Jean
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions