Search for content in message boards

John McGraw who married Nancy Heady in Nelson County Kentucky

John McGraw who married Nancy Heady in Nelson County Kentucky

Posted: 11 Aug 2008 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGraw and Heady
I am hunting for the children of John McGraw and Nancy Heady McGraw that were in Nelson County in the 1850 census and in the Union County census for 1860 and 1870. I have found information on Thomas J. McGraw born about 1838 in the 1870 census for Union county but can't find him after that. John McGraw is born about 1840 but can't find him after 1870. Richard McGraw born about 1841 but can't find him after 1870. Joseph M. McGraw born 20 February 1843 and he seems to stay in Union County. Susan McGraw born about 1845 but can't seem to find out who she marries. William E. is born about 1848 and is in Union County in 1900 census. George is living with his brother, Joseph in the 1880 census.

Re: John McGraw who married Nancy Heady in Nelson County Kentucky

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 7:25AM GMT
Surnames: McGraw
Hello
Not sure that I have any helpful information just some notes.
I had a McGraw family in Union County in 1870. Wondering if there could be a connection

E mail me Branchbud@aol.com

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 11:18PM GMT
Surnames: McGraw and Heady
Hello:
Very likely since many of these families were in Union, Hancock, Henderson, Daviess and other Kentucky counties. Not so sure that they moved as I am that Nelson was originally large then carved up.
Maggie

Posted: 28 May 2010 2:57AM GMT
Hi, I believe that Susan McGraw married Charles A. Maraman. Charles A. Maraman was my g-g-grandfather and he was married to a Susan McGraw who was born on 11 NOV 1844. This seems to fit the days and location. She died on 23 Feb 1886.

Posted: 28 May 2010 3:00AM GMT
Forgot to add, she is buried in the Pride Bordley Cemetery in Union County, KY. Also, there are pictures of her headston available here - http://www.usgwarchives.org/ky/union/cemeteries/pridebordley...

Posted: 28 May 2010 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: Maraman, McGraw, Heady, Cotton
Yes, Susan did marry Charles A. Maraman and I greatly appreciate the photographs of their tombstones. Do you come through Jennie's, Hughes's, or Richard's line? Seeing the photograph of Zelma's tombstone helped a lot too. Susan's great-grandparents were "Devil Tom" Thomas Heady and Susanna Cotton. I am tracking on all of their descendants. Susanna was the youngest child of John Cotton of Stafford County/Fairfax County, Virginia. My Mother and I have been researching this family for more than 30 years.
I would love to hear from you.
Thank you.
Maggie

Posted: 28 May 2010 4:53PM GMT
You had asked which line I come through. I am descended from Charles and Susan's son George. I believe he was the youngest. You mentioned Hugh. My understanding, according to my dad, is that Hugh never married. After he had retired from the mines, he lived with his brother George.

I have just started on all of this research, so I would be happy to compare notes and learn more about the information you have found as well.

Please feel free to contact me at my personal e-mail, and thanks for your reply.

Michael

Posted: 28 May 2010 5:01PM GMT
Sorry, you can write me here - mmaraman@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions