Search for content in message boards

Media Process Error - FTM 2014 to Ancestry

Media Process Error - FTM 2014 to Ancestry

Posted: 3 Nov 2013 1:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Just today, I started having issues with my media sync from FTM 2014 to Ancestry.

Error message: "Media: 11 not complete - process error."

The media appears in FTM, but will not upload to Ancestry. And because one of the troubleshooting steps was unlinking and relinking my tree, existing media that was previously showing on ancestry is no longer.

I've gone through all the troubleshooting, including a manual uninstall of FTM to no avail. I've just sent a sync error report to ancestry. We shall see.

Re: Media Process Error - FTM 2014 to Ancestry

Posted: 3 Nov 2013 3:36AM GMT
I ran into this problem yesterday. I'm a beginner at all this, so naturally I thought I was doing something wrong on my end, causing contamination of the JPEG files I was trying to upload. But based on previous messages posted to this board a while back on this subject, I concluded that I was not doing anything wrong. Rather than troubleshoot, I decided to delete the media files from FTM that the program was choking on. I instead posted the media directly to the Ancestry.com web site. When I synched the tree, the media were transferred to FTM and the online media remained intact, even though I am still getting FTM process error messages. So far so good, even though this method defeats some of the purpose of buying a stand-alone FTM program.

Re: Media Process Error - FTM 2014 (and FTM 2012) to Ancestry

Posted: 3 Nov 2013 8:43AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2013 1:56PM GMT
Ditto here...same problem with FTM 2012.

Late yesterday I merged, via FTM, several entries from a private tree into a public tree. While the new public profiles appear to have sync'd and display properly in AMT, all of the associated images, successfully merged offline in FTM, are still appearing as placeholders in the online AMT (eg. http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/26542746/person/26044273304 ).

While I'm not certain about this, I believe FTM did freeze at the commencement of the initial sync process and had to be restarted, whereupon (after completing a suggested "compact file" process) an apparently successful datasync was completed....save for the still non-displaying online images. I had assumed those would right themselves eventually.

Based upon your 2 posts and my ongoing experience, that may not be the case here.

Posted: 4 Nov 2013 1:51AM GMT
Same problem here - media processing errors since yesterday

Posted: 4 Nov 2013 4:37PM GMT
Same here for the last two days.

Posted: 4 Nov 2013 5:23PM GMT
majicpat,
Yeah, I tried the same thing just to make sure my files were okay. I refuse to have to do it this way though...let's hope they can fix it!

P.S. - please report if you haven't already. The more they hear from the better. At least one would think. ;)

Posted: 4 Nov 2013 5:26PM GMT
BrklynBridge, I sure wish it were the case for me. Thanks for your input, especially since your non-displaying images have not righted themselves. Ugh.

Posted: 4 Nov 2013 5:27PM GMT
jeffjahn, I am ready to pull my hair out! I assume you reported it?

Posted: 4 Nov 2013 6:00PM GMT
The problem seems to be at the Ancestry end, definitely not with FTM. Data is being synced, but media is not 'processed'. In checking my tree (the media gallery), all media after Nov. 1st are not processed.

And yes, I too sent a bug report to Ancestry about the problem.

Posted: 4 Nov 2013 6:28PM GMT
I also reported it. Can't send a SyncReport.zip file to them because it's too big & can't extract files from it 'cause they're password protected
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions