Search for content in message boards

Cuningham

Cuningham

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 4:07PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: cuningham
Looking for info on Alan Cuningham (one n) who came from Armagh in 1765 to New London Pa. Born 1738, attended Trinity Univ. Dublin
Likely Presbyterian.

Re: Cuningham

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 6:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Few Parish baptisms records have survived for Protestants
in Co. Armagh. Marriages start 1845. There are only two parish's with records 1796+ and both are Catholic.

The Tithe applotments of 1829-1839 serve as an early
census substitute. No Cuningham in Armagh, but 14 Cunningham's in Armagh. (No Alan so name not handed down)

www.genealogy.nationalarchives.ie

The next census substitute is the Griffith Valuation in 1863 in Armagh. Too late for your family but there were still 117 Cunningham's occupying property at that time.

You might try Trinity College in Dublin for their records, they do have a genealogy section Eneclann that might be of help.

Spellings in Ireland are rather iffy and names can be spelled in many ways depending on whether people could write or if someone was writing it for them.

There are only 14 Cunningham's in the british telephone book for Armagh. Good addresses with postal codes.

Annette Code

Re: Cuningham

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 4:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I tried Eneclan and struck out. My fellow was married twice and so I suspect his wife died in Ireland promting his move to America. He arrives here in 1765. I read that he attended Trinity but have no real contact for them.
I appreciate your help. Are you in Ireland? Irish?
Hugh
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions