Search for content in message boards

Landskron area

Landskron area

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 11:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leschiger, Raab
I've been researching my great-grandma Antonia Hurt's ancestors for almost 2 months now in the Matrika from Schirmdorf/Semanin, Abtsdorf/Domnikov & Tirpes/Trpik. For Tirpes, the older records are part of Landskron.

I found a marriage in 1735 between ancestors Mathias Leschiger & Dorothea Raab. I'm trying to find her birth. According to her burial in 1768 in Tirpes, she was born about 1703. The marriage says she was the daughter of Wenzel Raab & doesn't say whether she was born somewhere else or not. I can't find her in Tirpes around 1703 but I found the burial of a Wenzel Raab in 1739 but can't figure out what the place name is.

The writing is really good but I'm not familiar enough to figure it out as it doesn't match up with anything the inventory page says is in that batch of records. I'm wondering if it's another name for a place? Is it another name for Landskron because there's a lot of entries with it & none for Landskron.

Is there someone familiar with the area that could take a look & see what they think the place name is? Thank you. The third entry is the same place name & you'll see it often throughout. The actual record for Wenzel Raab, 76, is on the right page, on the 20th of that month.
Attachments:

Re: Landskron area

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 8:48PM GMT
Ex Praeurbiis (Landskron) means: From Landskron suburb.

Re: Landskron area

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 11:43PM GMT
Ah, thank you! I knew the ex meant rural area of whatever town, I've seen that before, but I never would have figured out that it was supposed to mean Landskron.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions