Search for content in message boards

Catholic cemetery shamokin

Catholic cemetery shamokin

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: salasevicius, savage, savidge
I am doing research on my relatives that lived in Shamokin, Pa. The last name is Salasevicius (first name of my grandmother is veronica). She moved to NY later on but I am looking for any graves with that last name. Veronica later changed her name to Savidge. She had a half brother named Walter Savage (different spelling last name) who was born in Shamokin around 1906. My father,Adam Savidge, was born in Shamokin on FEb 28, 1922 and raised by his grandparents. Both Adam & Walter moved to NY after 1930. Any information would be greatly appreciated. thank you. John Savidge

Re: Catholic cemetery shamokin

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
John,

The name Salasevicius is Lithuanian and the Lith. cemetery in Shamokin/Coal Township is St. Michael's. Go to "findagrave.com" web site. Enter the name Catherine Salasavage born 1884 died 1942. Her name will come up...go to St. Mike's Cemetery and click on it. Enter "Sal" in last name (don't enter a first name and 10 entries will come up with these last names. I was born and raised in Shamokin and been in this cemetery many times. I know I've seen stones there with that surname. If needed, you can contact me at sdbutkie@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions