Search for content in message boards

TELLER

TELLER

Steve Teller (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Teller
My great grandfather was James S. Teller, who married Hanna Ford in 1857. Has anyone found a connection with this name in Teller County history?

Teller

Ben Lutes (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
My fathers mother was Ruth Teller who was a daughter of Willard Teller, brother and partner of Henry M. Teller. I have a book telling about "Henry M. Teller" written by Elmer Ellis. It mentions many names and information about many events that happened in and around Teller County-very detailed. If anyone has any additional info please email!

Teller

John B. Teller (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
My grandfather Raymond Hendrick Teller was born Cripple Creek Colorado in 1894. He had a brother named Willard Teller. I have been trying to find out more about the family. Any source of information would be very much appreciated.

TELLER SURNAME

KELLY RIDGE (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: TELLER, RIDGE
HAS ANYONE FOUND A CONNECTION TO THE TELLER OR RIDGE NAME IN TELLER COUNTY, CRIPPLE CREEK COLORADO?
PETER RIDGE
ARTHUR RIDGE
BETTY RIDGE
VICTOR RIDGE
ANNA MARIE RIDGE-TELLER
HERBERT LEROY TELLER
PAUL ALBERT RIDGE

Tellers

Phyllis Dunham (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
My name is Phyllis Dunham and I am a descendant of the Michigan Tellers. Henry Moore Teller & Willard were my g-g-g grandfather's (Henry Teller of PA, son of Remsen Teller of NY and brother of John Teller) nephews. Henry migrated to PA and three of his son's to MI. I have just begun research on the family and would love to get info on the CO Tellers and anything you might have from further back. My g-g-uncle visited the CO Tellers in the early 50s. I would greatly appreciate any information.

Teller

William Benton Lutes II (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Teller, Lutes, Tryon, Babbitt
Teller:
Henry Moore Teller who's paternal grandfather, Rem Remsen Teller, of old New York Dutch descent with a admixture of French. His paternal grandmother was Catherine McDonald, decending from Belfast,Ireland. On the maternal side H. M. Teller was of New England ancestry. His grandmother Moore boasted of descent from that ideal of Puritans celebrated by Saint-Gaudens' statue, Deacon Samuel Chapin. His grandfather, Willard Moore, had operated a woolen mill at Windham, Vermont. Henry's mother, Charlotte Chapin Moore, was born in Vermont and grew up in Saratoga, New York and died at ninety-four. Henry's father, John Teller was a farmer in Allegany County in western New York and died in 1879. Charlotte and John were of the Methodist faith. Henry M. Teller, named after his uncle, Henry Teller who lived in Erie, Pennsylvania was a prominent farmer, a member of the state legislature and was immersed in politics,
was born May 23, 1830, the oldest boy in the family first became a teacher and taught in the rural schools in Allegany and Cattaraugus counties, married Harriet Bruce on June 7, 1862, daughter of Packard Bruce, a farmer near the town of Cuba. Henry M. Teller then became a lawyer, passed the New York Bar Exam and started practice in Morrison, Illinois; was the first Senator of Colorado and the Secretary of Interior of the United States, was a Democrat and was known as, "Colorado's Grand Old Man". His children were: daughters, Emma A. Teller who went to Wellesley College, then married in 1898 to George E. Tyler a physician who practiced in Denver, Colorado; sons, Henry Bruce Teller who went to college at Yale graduated in law and the arts then became a lawyer, John Harrison Teller who went to college at Yale graduated in law and the arts then became a farmer in Colorado; a sister, Sarah being a year older. Four years after Henry, came his brother Willard who taught along with his brother Henry in the rural schools in Allegany and Cattaraugus counties and became a lawyer, fought for the statehood of Colorado, was active in Republican territorial organization, was a possible senatorial candidate, died in 1905; and three years later, Addison who became a farmer. Then came three girls, Katherine Julia, Caroline Susan and Mary Elizabeth. The last of the children, James Harvey, was born in 1850 and became a Chicago lawyer and was a member of the Colorado State Supreme Court.

Teller County

Steph Hilliard (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Teller County was named after Senator Henry Teller, who was in Congress in 1899 when the county was formed. I do not know where he lived in Colorado before he was a senator, but it wasn't in the Cripple Creek area. The people of the mining district wanted the new county to be named Teller because the Senator eloquently fought in Congress to keep the country on the bi-metallic standard instead of going to the gold standard.

Re: TELLER

Posted: 12 Oct 2001 4:21PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2006 1:32AM GMT
Surnames: TELLER, FORD, EVANS
Steve: My family is connected in a way to your James Teller. James Teller's bro. Henry S. Teller mar. Julia Ann Ford, a sister to your Hannah Ford. I believe her full name was Eliz. Hannah Ford. Henry S. Teller was my great grandfather. Both Henry and Julia are bur. in the Rock Creek Cemetery, Jackson Twp., Ollie, Keokuk County, IA. My relationship is thru Grace Lille Teller who mar. my grandfather,William Oliver Evans. Thought you might like this info.
EVERETTE W. EVANS
Posted: 20 Jun 2006 2:02AM GMT
Remsen is my 4th great grandfather. I have some information on this line if you are interested. I decend through Charlote who married a Hoadley

Re: Tellers

Posted: 9 Nov 2013 6:03PM GMT
I am a desendant of the Vassar County, Michigan Tellers - John D Teller-Alice Teller- James S Teller -James N Teller- and G Teller- Jane Teller who were born in Cabin Canada
per page

Find a board about a specific topic