Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Pollard BROWN

Benjamin Pollard BROWN

Robert Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Hulsey, Crawford, Hayes, Stubbs
Looking for info on Benjamin Pollard BROWN, probably died in Stephens Co.1910. Also his wife, Elizabeth Caroline HULSEY. Matthew B. CRAWFORD and Elvira T. HAYES. Sarah Jane STUBBS and John V. STUBBS.

Brown / Hulsey

Mark Brown (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Hulsey
Hi Robert,

Benjamin Pollard Brown was born Feb. 3, 1836 in Hall or Habersham County, Ga. He was the son of Hugh Brown and Mary Caudell. He married Elizabeth Caroline Hulsey on Dec. 16, 1858 in Habersham County. He died on May 19, 1910 in Stephens County, Ga. He was also a Confederate soldier. Elizabeth Caroline Hulsey was born July 28, 1840 in Hall County, Ga. She was the daughter of J.B. Hulsey and Nancy ?
She died Dec. 20, 1912 in Stephens County, Ga. Benjamin and Caroline had at least 8 children. I have more info on the Brown & Hulsey families if you are interested

Mark

B.P. Brown/Elizabeth Caroline Hulsey

gena walls (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Benjamin Pollard Brown, b. 2 Feb 1836, Banks Co. GA.; d. 19 May 1910, Stephens Co.Ga.

Elizabeth Caroline Hulsey, b. 28 Jul 1840, Habersham Co. GA.
d. 20 Dec 1912, Stephens Co. GA

Brown/ Hulsey

Mark Brown (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Hulsey
According to The History of Stephens County, Georgia, Benjamin Pollard Brown Sr. was born in Banks County, Georgia in 1836. But, Banks County was not created until 1858, 22 years after his birth. I'm assuming that B.P. Brown was born in Habersham, Hall, or even Franklin County.
Posted: 12 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: BROWN, AUSBURN, SELLERS, NORTON
Robert Brown was born 1759 in Culpepper County, Virginia and died January 20, 1840 in Franklin County, Georgia. He married JANE, 1790. She died January 3, 1846 in Franklin County, Georgia. ROBERT BROWN was a Revolutionary War Soldier. He had a brother named POLLARD BROWN who married SARAH FRANCES MANN from Elbert County, Georgia. Pollard was also a Revolutionary War Soldier. ROBERT BROWN and JANE had the following children:
1. HUGH BROWN, b. 1806 in South Carolina, d. ?, m. MARY CAUDELL February 19, 1829 in Franklin County, Georgia. She was born 1812. Had children: F. L. BROWN, b. 1832; R.J. BROWN, b. 1834; BENJAMIN POLLARD BROWN, Sr., b. Feb. 1836, d. May 1910 in Toccoa, Ga., m. ELIZABETH CAROLINE HULSEY.
2. VIRGINIA "JENNIE" JANE BROWN, b. abt. 1799, South Carolina, d. ? in Habersham County, Ga., m. THOMAS AUSBURN. (MY CONNECTION).
3. MARY BROWN, b. ?.
4. ROBERT BROWN, JR., b. 1798.
5. JAMES BROWN.
6. MACK BROWN.
7. JOHN BROWN.
8. WILLIAM BROWN.

I would love to have more information on this BROWN family. Please contact me = Carole S. Walker, mott@cetlink.net . I am trying to find my BROWN cousins.
Thanks...
Posted: 1 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Hi. Would like to know more about Robert Brown, the brother of Hugh Brown. Robert Brown, a Senator from Georgia, was married to Sarah Hannah Wells. Her daughter,Sarah Jane is in the Kesler line. Would like to hear from you.

Shirley Drury
Posted: 1 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:48PM GMT
Hi. Was so excited to know some kin to the Browns. Robert Brown married Sarah Hannah Wells, my gggrandmother. Any information would be helpful. Thank You, Shirley Drury

Brown Family

Mark Brown (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Robert and Hugh Brown were thr sons of Robert and Jane Brown. Robert Brown, Sr, was born in 1759 in Culpepper County Va. and died Jan 1, 1840 in Habersham County, Ga. He was a Revolutionary soldier, as was his brother Pollard. He married Jane @1790. Jane died Jan. 3, 1846. Their other sons were James, Mack, John, and William. I hope this helps. It's all I have for now

Brown Family

Tamara Stowe Coggins (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brown Blackburn Cotton
Hello There,
I am working on just hear say from Questionable sources.
I have a Robert Brown b:1752 and married to a Jane ?.
I have four children listed for Robert and Jane.
William Brown m: Jane she was born 1809.
Robert Brown Jr. b: Dec. 17, 1804 d:March 30,1870 m: Rachael ? b: June 26,1814 d:Jan. 1893
Hugh M. Brown he is buried at either Brown or Bradly Cemetery.
Mack Brown No info on him.
James Brown m:Margaret child: Francis (Fannie) Brown

My sources tell me Robert Brown (I don't know if it was Sr. or Jr.) Started the Damascus Church. And that Robert Jr. and
James both preached at the church.

Fancis Brown m: William Blackburn and they had three kids:
William Blackburn b: 1842
Jane Blackburn b: 1844
James (Jim) Blackburn b:1848 m: Francis Murray and thier child was Suzane Blackburn who married Thomas b. Cotton and
produced my great grandmother Jancy/Jancie Ophelia Cotton.

I would love to connect up with the right Brown Family and correct my info. plus add to it.

Thank you,

Tamara Stowe Coggins

Error in Earlier Posting of Pollard Brown

Posted: 15 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Ausburn, Caudell, Murray
Error - Pollard Brown, brother to Robert Brown, our Revolutionary War Soldier, did NOT marry Sarah Jane Mann. Pollard died a pauper in the Poor House in Abbeville, S.C. and his wife's name was Margaret. Sorry about the error in posting that he married a Mann. There was another Pollard Brown in Elbert County, Ga., I think, that did marry Sarah Jane Mann. Carole
per page

Find a board about a specific topic