Search for content in message boards

BRUSLY, WBR Parish, LOUISIANA Anniversary Celebration

BRUSLY, WBR Parish, LOUISIANA Anniversary Celebration

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 4:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROUSSARD, TULLIER, LEJEUNE, LONGUEPIE
I attended the Acadian Congres Mondial in 1999 in WBR Parish. I was told there would be a hundred year anniversary celebration called " Return to Your Roots" or something like that in BRUSLY in 2001...would anyone have any data regarding the plans for that? I live out of state and have not seen any references for this...Thanks.

Re: BRUSLY, WBR Parish, LOUISIANA Anniversary Celebration

Deanna Arceneaux (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2001 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Brusly
There is a new book out called Brusly 1901-2001 - A Place to Call Home. This is a part of the celebration. I have a copy, its really interesting. I also have a Longuepee in my family.

Re: BRUSLY, WBR Parish, LOUISIANA Anniversary BOOK

Posted: 24 Jul 2001 1:32AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2005 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: BROUSSARD, TULLIER, LEJEUNE, LONGUEPIE, GIBSON
Hi, can anyone tell me where to buy a copy of that book ?

Does anyone have dates for the celebration, and know who I could contact to bring and set up some WBR Genealogy for the celebration ? Thanks !

Deanna Arceneaux (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2001 2:05AM GMT
You can buy a copy of the book from the Brusly Town Hall. They are $15 each and they'll mail it to you for an extra $4. If you don't have access to the address and phone number, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Edward Dupuy (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 2:53AM GMT
For information on the book and the Centennial, contact
www.bruslyla.com
If you need any other info just e-mail at the above address.
Thank you.

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 1:40AM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2006 12:56PM GMT
I am the contact for the genealogy exhibit . The dates for the Celebration are October 1 thru October 7 . Family trees will be on exhibit in the St. John the Baptist Catholic Church Hall. At these times Monday, Oct . 1st, 12 noon to 2 pm, Saturday Oct 6,10 am til 4 pm Sunday Oct 7th , 8:30am til 3pm. We are limiting each family display to a 4ft X 4ft square area. We presently have comittments for the following genealogies: LeJeune, Alexander,Aillet,Hebert(3 different families), Levert,Foret,Blanchard,Landry,Allain, Doiron,Thibodeaux, Dupuy, Sarradet, LaBauve,LeBlanc, and Loupe. We need to know by the 15 of August if you plan on displaying your genealogy..

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: TULLIER ,BROUSSARD, GIBSON,
*THANK YOU* for your reply...Please count me in !

I may not be able to attend Monday, but defintely will be there Saturday and Sunday October 6 and 7. I hope that is not a problem but I live 300 miles away and I work on Monday.
But I would love to attend Saturday. and Sunday.

I would love to attend and bring * TULLIER * GIBSON *
* LONGUEPIE * and * BROUSSARD * Genealogy to exhibit. These families resided in West Baton Rouge Parish starting in 1785 and some still exist today. My Great-Great Grandparents are both buried at St. John Baptist Cemetery in Brusly and my Great-Grandfather was baptized there at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church..

I attended the Acadian Reunion in 1999 that was held in Port Allen and the Mass that was held that Sunday at St. John the Baptist in Brusly. I spoke with many of the people that had the Genealogy exhibits in the classrooms at the school.
It was a wonderful reunion that I really enjoyed.

Thank you so very much!

Re: GIBSON Family , WBR Parish, LOUISIANA

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 3:01AM GMT
Surnames: GIBSON
Hi...I would like to correspond with anyone having any connections to any of my GIBSON ancestors in WBR Parish.

William GIBSON and Marie MacKENNA / Mc HENRY had their 5 children baptized in 1803 at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Baton Rouge. They were as follows: Marie GIBSON married Jerome HEBERT, Elizabeth GIBSON married Julien LeJEUNE, Juan Isaac GIBSON married Euphrosine TEMPLET, William GIBSON married Zepheline HEBERT,
and Juan Baptiste GIBSON, no marriage data.

My efforts to tace this family have been fruitless. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Vincent Russo (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 11:21PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2002 7:11AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, Myhand
Janice: The story goes something like this, as detailed in an unpublished booklet by Estelle Alston Ricchiuto and Jocelyn Myhand Garuthreaux called Myhand Family - Roots and Branches. John Isaac Gibson was one of the children of William and Marie MacKenna Gibson. They worked on a boat which plyed the Mississippi River. They had friends in the Port Allen area, and visited them when his boat stopped there. One time he brought the children with him and left them with some friends there, saying their mother had died. Eventually, after not hearing from Mr. Gibson for some time and assuming he had died, the family adopted them and they were baptized in the Catholic Church.

One of John Gibson's daughters, Estelle, married Crawford Henry Myhand. I am Estelle's 2nd great grandson, as their daughter Melissa married Louis Gilbert Hebert, my g-grandfather.

If you notify me, I will try to put you in touch with Ms. Ricchiuto, who lives in California, or Ms. Gauthreaux.

Dolly Gibson Eller (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 1:02AM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2002 7:12AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson,McKenna
Vincent, I assume we are cousins of some sort. My line is from William, my great grandfather and John Isaac's brother. For years I've searched for William Gibson (the first) and could not find any leads on him and now I hear this. Write me at ellerdabet@cs.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions