Search for content in message boards

Charcilla Chambers - Mrs. Kilgore

Charcilla Chambers - Mrs. Kilgore

Cecil Offutt (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chambers, Kilgore
Searching for information about Charcilla Josephine Chambers who was born at Moss Bluff, in Liberty County Texas in 1854. She died in July 1937 and was buried at Wallisville. She had a sister, Mrs. T. A. Kilgore. Who were their parents?
I'm trying to make the connection to their grandmother,Cassandra Deye Owings Van Pradelles,who was lost at sea in 1815.

CHAMBERS AND VAN PRADELLES

Kevin Ladd (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CHAMBERS, THOMAS, VAN PRADELLES, KILGORE
Hello, Cecil! Yes, Charcilla Josephine "Chess" VAN PRADELLES was married to Landon Gore CHAMBERS and lived most of her life in Wallisville, Chambers County, TX and Galveston, TX. She was actually born at Moore's Bluff, Liberty County, TX, according to family records and so forth and was the daughter of Albert Gallatin VAN PRADELLES and his wife Mary THOMAS. Mary was the daughter of Geraldus Simms "Gary" THOMAS. Albert was the son of Benedict Francis Van Pradelles and the Cassandra Deye OWINGS you mentioned. The Mrs. T. A. Kilgore (Theodore Albertus KILGORE) was married to Cassandra Colegate Van Pradelles, who was named for the grandmother you mentioned. We have extensive files on this family here at the Wallisville Heritage Park. I can provide you with a lot of information.

Chambers and Van Pradelles

Cecil Offutt (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Van Pradelles
Hello Kevin! Yes, please provide me with information about the Van Pradelles family of Liberty County,TX and etc. Thank you so very much. The story of Cassandra Owings Van Pradelles appears in the history of Sherwood Episcopal Church and in the genealogy of my husband's family. Presently I'm working on both. In the Owings lot in Sherwood's cemetery is a tall white marble obelisk that reads:

Cassandra D. Van Pradelles

Lost at Sea

In 1815

Aged

40 Years
All local legends agree that Cassandra was on her way via sea from New Orleans to Baltimore County, Maryland (her family home). The ship was boarded by pirates who made her walk the plank. Most say that her children made the same trip by land. My search for Van Pradelles gave me the obituary (The Beaumont Enterprise, July 13, 1937) of Charcilla Chambers. This mentions that Charcilla's grandmother Cassandra Van Pradelles sailed from New Orleans to Texas on a ship that never returned. How did her family get to Texas?
If you or any of her descendents are interested, I can provide real information about her genealogy and romantic tales about her life and death.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions