Search for content in message boards

DIAL

DIAL

Marylee W. Knight (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
A detailed biography of the family of Nathaniel Green Dial appeared in "The History of Panola County" published in 1979 by the Panola County Historical Commission. It was submitted by Melba Dial Pendleton. Abstracting some details from that article: Nathaniel Green Dial and his twin brother Washington, sons of John Dial and Anna Cox were born 8 April 1822 near McMinnville, Warren Co TN. In March 1837 John Dial decided to move his family to Shelby Co TX. His mother, Margaret (Hinkle) Dial, then about 63, went with him. N.G. served in the Mexican war as a 1st Lt of the TX Mounted Troops, Division of Volunteers. N.G. married Mary McCall Newton, dau of Ebenezer Newton, 8 Feb 1848 in Shelby Co TX. Eleven of their 12 children were born at Beckville. Senah Anna 1848, John Asa 1850 (mar Elizabeth F. Bellehamy), Lellah Green Hinkle 1852 (mar Thomas T. Sims), Almira Catherine 1854 (mar Frank M. Snyder), Julia Felta 1857 (mar Pat B. Murrell), Ebenezer Newton 1859 (mar Jonnie E. Hale), Samuel Calhoun 1862, Mary Marcella 1865 (mar J.W. Amend), twins born 1860 Margaret Parilee (mar Frank H. Welch) and Martha Izora (mar Joe E. Wells), twins born 1871 George Joseph (mar 1st Mattie E. Williams, 2nd Lena Griffith) and James Murray (mar Nettie Maude Alexander). When the Civil War started N.G. joined the CSA after moving his family to Hopkins Co TX to live with relatives, his last child Mary M. was born there. In 1879 N.G. and family moved to Fannin Co TX, where other members of the Newton family were already living. Samuel Calhoun d there 27 Feb 1880, N.G. died 30 Apr 1884, John Asa died 2 May 1884 - all are bur in Mulberry Cem near Ravenna. Mary M. (Newton) Dial took her dau Anne, and twin sons George and James and moved to then Greer Co OK, now Jackson Co OK, in 1894. Mary died 12 Aug 1913 and is bur Eldorado Cem, Eldorado OK.
Posted: 18 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2002 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: Dial
Searching for the family of DIAL's Nathaniel Green Dial married Mary McCall NEWTON in Shelbly Co., Texas in 1848. All the following children of theirs were born in either Beckville or Carthage, Panola Co., Texas. Their children are: Senah Anna Elizabeth, John Asa, Lillah Green Hinkle, Almira Catherine, Julia Fleta, Ebenezer Newton, Samuel cdalhoun, Mary Marccella, Margaret Parilee, Martha Izora, George Joseph and James Murray DIAL, children were born between the years of 1848 and 1871. Nathaniels was born in Warren Co., Tn. to John DIAL and Anna Cox.
Posted: 18 Jul 2011 5:21PM GMT
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE QNY INFO YOU MIGHT HAVE ON JAMES
WHITFIELD MURRELL. I THINK HE HAD BROTHER NAMED
PATRICK MURRELL,,GEORGE MURRELL. I THINK THEY ALL CAME
FROM S C , TO MISS, THEN TO TX, OKLA ARK,MO OR WHEREOVER
ELSE. JAMES SIBLINGS WERE MARTHA RUTH DESSIE AND JOHN.
HIS FATHER WAS WILLIAM MURRELL, MOTHER ANNA L COOK. ANNAS
MOTHER WAS A STONE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP JAMES W LORD
P O BOX 584 JOSHUA TX 76058
Posted: 18 Jul 2011 5:21PM GMT
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE QNY INFO YOU MIGHT HAVE ON JAMES
WHITFIELD MURRELL. I THINK HE HAD BROTHER NAMED
PATRICK MURRELL,,GEORGE MURRELL. I THINK THEY ALL CAME
FROM S C , TO MISS, THEN TO TX, OKLA ARK,MO OR WHEREOVER
ELSE. JAMES SIBLINGS WERE MARTHA RUTH DESSIE AND JOHN.
HIS FATHER WAS WILLIAM MURRELL, MOTHER ANNA L COOK. ANNAS
MOTHER WAS A STONE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP JAMES W LORD
P O BOX 584 JOSHUA TX 76058

Re: DIAL

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 7:45PM GMT
I'm confused by your choice of counties (Panola) for this posting! Name some of James Whitfield Murrell's kids? If the list includes: Minnie Jewell, Bertha Lee, Grady Whitfield, Cecil W., Myrtle Alta, Leon, Anne L., Minnie J., and Bernice M. then we might be on the right track?
Posted: 9 Jan 2012 6:04AM GMT
My G-grandmother was Mary Marcella Dial-Amend. When my grandmother Jerusha Amend-Farris passed away, she left us a very old velvet covered photo album. Only two of the photos had names on the back and they were of Mary Marcella as a child. I believe the other photos may be of the Dial family. Many of these photo cards have Texas photography studio names printed on them. I hope to scan them and up-load them to Ancestry soon. Do you have any photographs of Nathaniel Green & Mary's family that may help us to identify what I have?
shelleyfarrislee@hotmail.com
Posted: 15 Feb 2012 1:57AM GMT
i should b able to help on james whitfield murrell and
minnie alta blackburn s kids my email is jwlord33@sbc global.net
Posted: 9 Jan 2013 7:04PM GMT
some of james whitfield murrell's family is; minnie alta
blackburn. winnie alta murrell, bertha lee, grady whitfield,
myrtle alta, leon william, annie lorene, minnie jim, berniece marie. i can go further back. james w lord
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions