Search for content in message boards

John Davidson Burt

John Davidson Burt

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 9:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: Burt, Patterson, Wrighton
I am a descendant of John D Burt and his first wife, Elizabeth Patterson. They arrived in Brigham City in 1852. His other two wives were Elizabeth Snowball and Ann Howell. I have been doing an extensive amount of research on the BURT family in Scotland. My next step is now to find other descendants of John D & E. P. Burt. I am descended from David Patterson Burt & his wife Louisa Wrighton. She was the dau. of William Wrighton.

I have found several descendants from the other two wives, but for some reason, very little on the first.

Amy Bodily
Corinne, Utah

Re: John Davidson Burt

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 12:01AM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2004 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Jensen, Burt, Snowball, Caldwell, Snow
Hi there - I am a descendant of JDB and wife Elizabeth Snowball Burt. I didn't realize that our Elizabeth was not the first wife! So, I don't think I have much info re your Elizabeth - BUT I am interested in your Scottish research. . .if you are interested in sharing (I am particularly looking for history/stories/etc) email me at krpadm99@hotmail.com. Thanx in advance!

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 3:11AM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 1:55AM GMT
Elizabeth Snowball (Lizzie) was actually #2 of 3 wives for John. I would be happy to share anything I have. There is a lot on Lizzie's family, but not Betsey's. Which child are you descended from?

Amy
amos@brigham.net

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 3:14PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2004 6:48PM GMT
I'm descended from Lizzie. This is how it goes: Elizabeth Snowball Burt had Alice Alberta Burt who had three children, the youngest of which was Alberta Hope Caldwell - Alice died 2 weeks after the birth of Alberta (who is my paternal grandmother). I guess Lizzie raised my grandmother because the dad, Lorenzo Sylvester left and subsequently had another large family in Idaho (a source of scowls to this day!). Alberta Hope had seven children including the baby, my dad, who had me (and my 2 sibs). We have very little info except for names and dates - stories and any other info is welcome, and I can

John Burt (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2005 7:51PM GMT
Surnames: Burt, Hill, Box, Patterson
I am a member of the surviving family (six generations later) left in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland when Andrew Burt and Isobel Hill emigrated from here to Idaho then Utah in the early 1850s. We survived as miners and workers in the linen trade and now work in the utility services.

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: BURT
Regarding your BURT line. My husband's relative in Scotland is related to Lorenzo Snow Burt. You can contact me at:
stait@umich.edu and I will send you his address. I have helped him with this family line in the U.S.

Posted: 16 Jan 2009 5:07PM GMT
I'm looking for Amy Bodily from Corinne, Utah in regards to her John Davidson Burt post from 14 Apr 2002:

I am the editor of Pioneer Magazine published by the Sons of Utah Pioneers. We publish a quarterly magazine featuring the history of the early pioneers in Utah. (Our website is www.sonsofutahpioneers.org).

Our next issue covers stories and journal entries on the every day lives and trials of the Mormon Pioneer. We are quoting quite a bit from the journal pages of Ann Howell Burt. I would like to find a picture of her to print in the magazine. Also, I have seen a picture of Ann with three grandchildren dated 1891, names listed as David and Moses Rosenbaum and Estras Jones

I'm interested in who these grandchildren are . . . are the first two from her daughter? Did these 3 go with her on her mission to the Sandwich Islands?? Also, when did Ann marry John D. Burt??

Is the grandchild David Rosenbaum related to the Utah artist: David “Howell” Rosenbaum (1908-1982) born in Brigham City, Utah. He was part of the group of artists who studied with Calvin Fletcher at Utah State Agriculture College in 1931.

I'm hoping your have more information on the life history of Ann Howell Burt . . . let me know! or if you know who I could contact.

Thank you!

Susan Lofgren
Pioneer Magazine
Editor/Designer

Posted: 7 Feb 2009 4:15PM GMT
Susan,

You can reach me direct at a_macavinta@yahoo.com. I do have some of the information you requested. When you email me, then I can give you my phone number and we can chat!

Looking forward to it,
Amy

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 2:32PM GMT
I don't know if you are still looking for descendents of John Davidson Burt or not, but I was just conversing with a cousin last night and she asked me some questions. I found your post from 10 years ago when I was looking for answers for her today. I too am a descendent of John Davidson Burt and Elizabeth Patterson through their daughter Elizabeth Patterson Burt and her husband William Gilbert. Their son, Leon Gilbert is my grandfather, my father is Arnold B Gilbert, one of eleven children.

I be glad to share information with you. JoAnn Jeppsen
Mantua, Utah stevejeppsen@q.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions