Search for content in message boards

Baird Family - PA

Baird Family - PA

Kathy LaBarre (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1999 7:06AM GMT
I am looking for information on Lucy Baird. According to my grandmother, Lucy Baird lived in Newton Hamiliton PA. My great grandfather, Frederick Miller, deserted during the civil war, made his way to Newton Hamilton PA, where he met Lucy. According to her death certificate, she was born July 4, 1846 in PA, died in Westmoreland NH. Any help out there?

Baird family

Becky McVetty (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 3:30PM GMT
Found your message of December 12, 1999. As a member of the Dalton Historical Society (NH), I have been researching the Miller/Beard families. Your date and some of the information you show for Lucy Baird, including her birth date coincide with what we have. Interested in sharing information with you.

Baird, Lucy

Kathy LaBarre (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 4:23PM GMT
Lucy's husband Frederick was from the Dalton NH area. I have some information about Frederick's siblings and parents from family and cemetery headstones. I have been able to locate Lucy in the PA census records of 1850. My parents live in Littleton NH and I visit them often. Perhaps we can arrange to meet and exchange information. You may e-mail me direct at katgar@gateway.net. Hope we can help each other.

Baird/Beard in Vermont

Posted: 10 Sep 2000 5:24PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 1:08AM GMT
Hi Betty,

My grandmother, Lucy Marie Beard, reportedly had family in the Green Mountain Boys who fought in the revolution. As you're researching the Beard's, do you have any info on this line?

Thanks!

Annne

It was NH not Vt

Posted: 10 Sep 2000 6:31PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 1:08AM GMT
Hi again,

The family goes back to New Hampshire, not VT.
My grandmother's father was Jasper Beard.
Her grandparents families fought on both sides during the Civil War.

And they go back to NH during the Revolutionary War. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Anne

Baird/Beard in VT

Posted: 16 Apr 2001 5:46AM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2001 12:07AM GMT
I was trying to track down an elusive relative, Ozias Baird, a physician in the Civil War who (family lore) was born in Essex, VT 9/29/1811. He moved to Ohio, married, moved to Illinois, bought a lot of land and then moved to Bremen, Indiana, where he died in 1865. He was married probably twice in Ohio. Any connection to your Bairds?
Alison Scott
scottfamily@metrocast.net
P.S. . . A little more information:
There is an Essex, Vermont in Chittendon County near Burlington. There is also an Essex County, just for confusion (not to mention a town of Chittendon in Rutland County!). I have e-mailed a family searching for an Asa Baird who was not only from Vermont (Milton, in Chittendon County, b. 1804) at this time, but appeared in the Illinois census near Ozias in 1840. (A.C. Baird, Asa, Jas Y, Ozias, and a Tusl all in Lawrence County, IL) Their Asa and my Ozias both moved for a time (first) to Wayne County, OH. Ozias married (twice) there, Asa married there as well, spelling his name Beard on the certificate. The Asa researchers found a Calvin Baird in Wayne Co. Ohio in 1818. (My Ozias had a grandson named Calvin and their Asa had a son named Calvin, could be a family name.) (Also an Aaron Baird getting a land grant in Wayne Co. in 1813, first Baird they could find in Wayne County.) The 1830 Census showed a Calvin with a Calvin, Sr. living with him in Wayne Co. (Also a Cyrus next door) That Calvin, Jr. married Hester How in 1826 in Wayne County.
Good luck with your searching!

Baird's in Vt

Anne Kaufman (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2001 6:50PM GMT
Hello,

Thanks for the response. If I connect to any
of these relatives of yours, I'll write back.

Anne

Re: Baird/Beard in VT

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 1:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2003 6:50AM GMT
Surnames: Beard, Payne
I am searching for Moses Beard b. Vt. moved to Ill. [daughter d. in Streator Ill. Had son Mode, daughters Mary Catherine and Lois. Moses wife was listed as Hannah on childs death cert. I would like to know where in Vt. he was born and who his parents were. E-mail me if you have a Moses Beard in your line . weandeo@hotmail.com thanks

Posted: 14 Apr 2004 4:28AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2004 3:07AM GMT
To whom it may concern,
I am also a relative to Ozias baird and have pictures of him, his second wife and several of his kids and grandkids. Please write me back if you want copies. thank you Tom

Alison Scott (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 4:55PM GMT
Surnames: Baird, Norris
Wow! It would be wonderful Tom if we could get copies of your photographs of Ozias! My husband is related through Ozias's second wife, Margaret Norris, through their child Emmet Joseph Baird. I would be more than happy to pay whatever a photo store charges for nice reproductions. (I believe we have a faded photograph of Margaret.) She followed Emmet to Florida, where several Bairds set up lumber mills. I have a photograph of the Baird schoolhouse at one of the mills with Emmet's daughter Edith one of the little students. They had a big house in Gainesville, that I also have a photograph and pamphlet for, as the house is now a bed and breakfast.
Do you know any more about Ozias's lineage?
Please contact me directly. Best regards,
Alison Scott
per page

Find a board about a specific topic