Search for content in message boards

Foersters from Silesia, Germany

Foersters from Silesia, Germany

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 10:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Timm, Foerster, Sentfler, Wolfe
My husband's grandfather came over to United States in 1911 from Hamburg Germany. Okar Michael Wilhelm was born in Altoona, Germany on 24 January 1878 and married Margaretha Dorothea Timm ("Dora")Oct 1901 in Hamburg. His father August Foerster was from Hain, Prussia Prov. Lower Selesia, Germany ( this may be incorrect in the spelling) on 24 January 1864. His wife was Anna Sentfler. I know little else about them in Germany except August's father was Franz Foerster m. Theresea Wolf. The children that I know about in the family of August and Anna are: Herman August, twin daughters Sophia Anna and Martha Auguste. I have found their baptismal records and one of the twins, Martha Auguste, died. I have no information about the rest of Okar Michael Wilhelm's siblings. If anyone has any information about this family I would love to exchange what I have with you.
Thank you.

Bettye Forster

Re: Foersters from Silesia, Germany

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 11:00PM GMT
Sorry I got the twins mixed up. Martha Auguste lived and Sophia died. Baptism was located at Saint Ansgar, Hamburg, Germany.

Re: Foersters from Silesia, Germany

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Foerster
Hello,
I have been researching the Foerster family from Lower Silesia for my ancestors. My great-great grandmother was Franziska Foerster born in Baumgarten ca 1835. Her father was Anton Foerster from Seitenberg, and her mother was Franziska Kauschke from Tarnau (per baptism records).

While reviewing microfilm of Baumgarten/Tarnau I saw Bernard Foerster married to Barbara Wolf (same surnames that you are searching). They had a son in 1832 named Franz Joseph Robert Foerster. Possibly there is a connection to your husband's relatives. I can scan the document if you are interested since I still have access to the microfilm at the research center in Reno.

Best regards,
Joy Grude
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions