Search for content in message boards

Holton Family in South Georgia

Holton Family in South Georgia

Edwin L. Holton (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 11:20PM GMT
Does anyone have any information about the family of James Robert ("Jim Bob") Holton. His wife was Lela Marie Crovat(t) and their living children were Joseph, Thayer (TR), and Harry. They lost 5 or 6 children. They lived in Thomasville, GA when James and Lela died and both are buried there. They were my grandparents. I would like any information I can get.

Thanks.

L. J. Holton

Posted: 10 Jul 2000 5:02AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2001 11:12AM GMT
I am looking for info on Louis Jasper Holton. know he is buried at Holton Family Chapel cemetery close to Soperton. This generation grew up mainly around Vidalia/Lyons. Any info helpful Thanks Cheryl

Holton Family of SE Georgia

Kaye Holton Bodie (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 2:58PM GMT
My family and the descendants are from the Alma (Bacon County area) in Georgia. I have located a good amount of information on the family. Found some of my immediate family in the Bacon County Library Genealogy file for Holton. If you know someone near you could get them to copy the information. They charge 15 cents per copy. Hope this helps you or I would be glad to let you view my family information. Just e-mail me back you name and e-mail address.

HOLTON, WILEY OR WYLIE OR WYLEY

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2000 6:49PM GMT
Do you have Wiley Oliver Holton or a Rev. Holton in your data, in 1800's, GA, AL or N.C.? Will appreciate any info.

relation?

Christal Powell (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 7:47PM GMT
I was just looking at the message boards to on Holton to see what was there. There is a chance we could be related. The name Oliver is a very common family name in our line. My Greatgrandfather was James Oliver Holton SR. and my Grandfather is James Oliver Holton JR. My Greatgrandfather ran away from Georgia when he was younger because he didnt like his step mother. What do you think?-Christal

Wiley Oliver Holton

Barbara Holton (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 8:46PM GMT
Thanks for your message.The only info I have on Wiley Oliver Holton, my ggf, is that he m. my ggm, Georgia Ella Boyett in Henry Co,AL or Dothan, AL on 2/17/1889.They moved by covered wagon to Hico,Hamilton Co,TX in 1901, bringing my gf, Jesse James Holton and his sister.I have nothing else on ancestry of Wiley Oliver, but would welcome follow up on any possible leads, such as yours, which I will try to search. Do you know the years or counties in GA?

Relation?

Christal Powell (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 5:40PM GMT
My Uncle Ricky has the whole Holton history for our line. He even found the family crest. Once he sends me the book I will let you know.

Holton

Kaye H. Bodie (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 11:00AM GMT
If you could possibly send me the information that you have I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to connect my lineage and it seems that we are all intermingled someway. Never knew I had so many ancestors.

Louis Holton

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2001 11:12AM GMT
Do you have information on a Louis Jasper Holton, mar. Manie Holton. Was grandparents of my husband. Looking for info and would greatly appreciate any help. They are buried in the Holton Chapel Cemetery near Soperton, Ga. Can contact me by email jmcjcmp@yahoo.com

HOLTON FAMILY

CURT HARRIS (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 10:54PM GMT
PLEASE SEND ANY INFO YOU HAVE ON THE HOLTON'S
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions