Search for content in message boards

Oswego Hourigans

Oswego Hourigans

Posted: 10 May 2010 10:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to confirm that the mother of Charles L. Brown (1912-1955) was Mary Hourigan Raleigh Brown, born in May of 1871 in NY to Daniel and Mary Hourigan of Oswego. It looks like her first husband, John Raleigh died young leaving her with 4 children: May, Harold, Alice and Rowan. If this Mary married 2nd Francis "Frank" Brown of Syracuse and had 4 more children: Francis, Fred, Charles & Marion, does anyone know if her father Daniel, was the one who worked on the ships? Also, if anyone connects to her, do you know anything about Frank Brown or what happened to John Raleigh? Thanks in advance!

Re: Oswego Hourigans

Posted: 29 May 2011 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: Hourigan Conic
Did you ever get any responses to your request? My research pretty much verifies what you have found so far. Mary was my Great Grand Mother, and John my Great Grand Father. I have tried to trace them back further, I have found Mary's parents (Daniel Hourigan and Mary Conic from Ireland and England respectively). Daniels parents were Daniel and Mary again, but I have absolutely no other information.

So if you have found anything I would like to hear. We are planning a trip to Ireland in the next year or two so would like to have some information so we can go look things up while we are there.

Re: Oswego Hourigans

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 3:41PM GMT
Thanks for responding! Which one of Mary & John's children do you descend from? I might have info that you would be interested in. Please email me directly at:
mparks01@twcny.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic