Search for content in message boards

Last's of Stowmarket

Last's of Stowmarket

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I am looking for information about the Last family of Stowmarket/upland, Suffolk.

I am decended from Lydia Last, who was born around 1796. I believe her parents were Henry Last and Lydia Godbold.

Thanks

Re: Last's of Stowmarket

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: LAST GODBOLD
Hi Stephen

I have the names Henry LAST and Lydia GODBOLD in my tree and it says that Henry is my 1st cousin 6 times removed.

Please contact me if you would like more information.
Kind regards

Simon LAST

Posted: 6 Sep 2011 8:13AM GMT
Hi Simon,

Thanks for responding to me message.

I would love to have more information on the Last's. I was down at one of the Suffolk Record Office's last month, but was unable to find Henry's christening (although I only have time to check the records for Stowupland).

How far have you got back with the Last's? I presume you know who Henry's parents were as you have him down as a cousin!!

Many thanks,
Stephen

Posted: 6 Sep 2011 8:57AM GMT
Surnames: LAST
Hi Stephen

Thanks for your message and please feel free to look at my tree on Ancestry at all the LAST relatives that I have.

What relative is Henry LAST to you?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Simon

Posted: 6 Sep 2011 11:30AM GMT
Hi Simon,

Henry was my 5th Great Grandfather. I am descended via Lydia Last - Betsey Chenery - Eliza Ann Sheldrake - Florence May Bannister - then my Gran who is still with us.

I have had a look at your tree. There is a differences between the information you have on Henry and the info I have - but then again I could have missed some information as I have only had chance to go through the parish records once. I am at work at the moment, so will need to check what I have.

I do have a tree online which at the moment has very few dates - it's about time I updated it!! It should be on my profile as Archer Quarter (I think it is a public tree - let me know if you have any problems).

Thanks,
Stephen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic