Search for content in message boards

PLUNK FAMILY HISTORY

PLUNK FAMILY HISTORY

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PLUNK
I have been researching the Plunk Family History for approximately 5 years. I have traced the Plunk Family back to Dr Peter Plunk in Lincoln County NC. I have researched the Census Records, Marriage License Records, Social Security Death Records, Birth Records, Visited the cemeteries in the area, Communicated with family, visited Libraries and National Archives and the Tennessee State Archives. I am a descedant of Peter Plunk, Jacob Plunk, George Plunk, Samuel C. Plunk, William Louis Plunk, Frank George Plunk. Jacob and George Plunk were born in NC. All other were born in Chester or McNairy County TN. I grew up in Finger, TN. I would like to commuciate with any of the Plunk Family. After I have located where and how your family fits into the family tree. I would like to send copies of the reports to you for your verification and correction for accuracy. With this information, I believe our Plunk Family History can all be connected. I have a Plunk Family web-site you can view. http://plunkfamily.com

Re: PLUNK FAMILY HISTORY

JoJo Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2002 3:50AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Plunk
Lonnie,

The website is not working. When will it be back up?

JoJo

ps my email address has "nospam" in it to fool the email harvesting programs.

Posted: 25 Jul 2004 7:31PM GMT
Well, Lonnie, I guess some how we are distant cousins. I traced my tree back to Dr. Peter Plunk and Barbara as well. Looking at your genealogy, the third child they had, John H. Plunk Sr. is where my tree goes. He married Elizabeth somebody (undetermined),from there it goes to William Peter Plunk who married Trasday Lee from Alabama. One of their children was named John William Plunk. He married Susan Sells.One of their children, Martha Elizabeth Plunk, married one William Thomas Irons in TX. (N.E. Texas, Upshur Co. and Titus Co.) They had Isaiah John Irons who married Amanda Phillips. One of their 11 children ,(in those eleven, they had 2 sets of twins),Velma Irons-Baugh, is my great grandmother on my Dad's side.

Posted: 23 May 2006 4:04PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 4:09PM GMT
Lonnie, it's been several years since I researched the McCanns/Plunks, but I can tell you I'm descended from the David Daniel Plunk's side (son of Jacob Plunk) and his son Rev. John Wesley Plunk. Rev. Plunk was a locally prominent Wesleyan Methodist preacher in McNairy County.

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: Plunk, Waters, Roper, Cloer, Sliva, Bretz
I am a decendant of Peter Plunk, John H Plunk, William Peter Plunk Sr., Mary Elizabeth Croline Plunk (James Monroe Waters) , Mary Isabella Waters (William N. Roper) , Maude Ella Roper (George Washington Cloer III) , Rollie Muriel Cloer ( Ethel Saline Austine Power ) , Earline LaVern Cloer (Raymond John Sliva) to me: Lorraine Alma Sliva Bretz.
I have been working with my mother on this line and getting all the information entered into the computer system. She did all the leg work for the paper trail we have. I would like to compare notes.

Posted: 2 Jun 2013 10:56PM GMT
Lonnie, my line would follow Peter > John Sr. > Nancy Plunk (1825-1899). Nancy married Mordacai Massengill around Enville, Tn. Their son Jacob (Jake) Massengill married Mary Ellen Morris and moved to Alcorn County, Ms. in the late 1800's from Enville. Jake Masssengill had a son Leander (1892-1951) whose daughter Lottie Massengill Smith(living in Corinth, Ms.) married Bill Smith(d.2011). She is my mother.

robert smith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions