Search for content in message boards

Camp Branch Cemetery in southeastern Georgia

Camp Branch Cemetery in southeastern Georgia

Posted: 16 Jul 2005 4:53PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Steedley
My husband's grandparents, Randall and Rosa Lee Smith Steedley (married 1886), are buried at Camp Branch Cemetery in or around the Argyle or the Homerville area in the southeastern part of Georgia. Both were deceased before 1940. We are trying to locate that cemetery. Can anyone with Steedley family connections around the Clinch or Ware County area help us locate this cemetery where his grandparents are buried? Thank you for any help.

Re: Camp Branch Cemetery in southeastern Georgia

J.U.Sowell (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2005 9:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Steedley
Hi Brenda Camp Branch is down at Manor Ga.when you come down call me and will give you directions.
912 283 8699 Mutt Sowell

Posted: 1 Nov 2005 8:26PM GMT
my great grandma was a steedley from close to waycross, that is where most of my moms side of the family still lives, my aunt told me that alot of the steedley, O'neal, Jordans were all buried in the ramah cemetery that is between fargo and homerville

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Steedley Jordan Pittman
My name is Joseph McClaine, and I have researched the cemeteries in Clinch County, and I have researched the Jordans, Griffis, Steedleys, Mixons, and other families in connection to these families. Also, I published a cemetery book on Clinch County. I don't mind looking-up some information for you.

Sincerely,

Joseph

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 12:51AM GMT
Camp Branch Is in Manor Georgia. My Father, Willis James Steedley is also buried there

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 10:45PM GMT
Joseph,
How could I get ahold of the book you published on Clinch county cemeterys? My gmother was a Steedley and her ggrandmother was a Kight.

Thanks
Teresa Wisenbaker

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 2:15AM GMT
Surnames: Kight Steedley
You can go to the Huxford Library in Homerville to purchase a copy. So you have Kight and Steedley lines like I have. My Steedley line is my mother's line: Joseph Steedley, son of James Ransom, which was son of Jesse Sineath, which was son of David and Amanda (Fullwood) Geiger Steedley, which was son of John Jack and Elender Steedley. My Kight line starts with Dorcas Kight m. James J. Thomas, and their daughter Mary Ann (Annie) Thomas married Alford Thomas Jordan. Alford and Mary Ann's first child was my great, great grandfather Isaac James Jordan, Sr.

Thomas Kight, son of Thomas and Ann (Strickland) Kight, married Elizabeth Steedley, daughter of John Jack and Elender Steedley, and Elizabeth was a sister to my 3rd great grandfather David Steedley who married Amanda Fullwood.

Let me know if you need any more family confusing relationship data! So let me know your connection to me.

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 12:31AM GMT
My mom is Juanita Jordan... Her mom is Elizabeth Tanner and Samuel Jodan... Samuels Parents were Elijah Lewis Jordan and Mattie Viola O'Neal....Elijahs Parents were Alford T. Jordan and Mary Ann Thomas...

I have Annie Steedley being married to James O'Neal and that they are the parents of Mattie Viola O'Neal....

Mattie was born 3/12/1885 in Clinch County, GA and Married Elijah Jordan 8/3/1903 in Clinch County, GA..

The Jordan side I can go back to the 1749.. James O'Neal and Annie Steedley, I cannot find anything on.

My grandmother Elizabeth (Tanner) Jordan. was the daughter of James Tanner and Allie C. O'Neal. I have ton's of info on her side both Tanner and O'Neal

The Steedley side has been very confusing to me. Mostly because the majority of the older people in my family are deceased. If you have any questions or want more info my number is 863-877-5561, I live in Polk County, FL

Steedleys and then the Jordans

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 1:13AM GMT
James “Jim” and Maniza “Mynizzie” (Steedley) O’ Neal were the parents of Viola O’ Neal m. Elijah L. Jordan and James Arthur O’ Neal m. 1st Sealie Irene Futch
Viola and Arthur’s father, Jim, disappeared when they were small children. Their mother, Mynizzie, died about 1888 when Arthur was only seven months old, leaving the orphaned children to be adopted by Moses and Fannie (Jordan) Pittman. Viola’s and Arthur’s father returned when Arthur was seventeen years old.
Mynizzie (Steedley) O’ Neal is believed to be buried in a small cemetery on the south side of Devil’s Bay, below Shiloh Church. Her parents, Zachariah and Nancy J. (Bozeman) Steedley are also believed to be buried there. The cemetery no longer exists.

Steedleys and then the Jordans

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: Jordan Steedly Pittman Thomas
James “Jim” and Maniza “Mynizzie” (Steedley) O’ Neal were the parents of Viola O’ Neal m. Elijah L. Jordan and James Arthur O’ Neal m. 1st Sealie Irene Futch; Viola and Arthur’s father, Jim, disappeared when they were small children. Their mother, Mynizzie, died about 1888 when Arthur was only seven months old, leaving the orphaned children to be adopted by Moses and Fannie (Jordan) Pittman. Viola’s and Arthur’s father returned when Arthur was seventeen years old.
Mynizzie (Steedley) O’ Neal is believed to be buried in a small cemetery on the south side of Devil’s Bay, below Shiloh Church. Her parents, Zachariah and Nancy J. (Bozeman) Steedley are also believed to be buried there. The cemetery no longer exists.

Zachariah Steedley was the son of William Eason Steedley and ??? William E. was a brother to my 4th great grandfather John Jack Steedley.

Isaac James Jordan, oldest son of Alford "Alfred" Thomas and Mary Ann (Thomas) Jordan, as was Elijah Lewis Jordan, next to the youngest son. We are 3rd cousins once removed.

Joseph W. McClaine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions