Search for content in message boards

John W. Tabor

John W. Tabor

Terry (Ttabor) French (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 8:12PM GMT
John W. was my grandfather, His son William Clinton, born 10/6/1929. John W. born 12/20/1860 in Tennesee. I had always been told there were four brothers that cam across from Wales or the border around there. One of the four made it rich in Denver as a Silver Baron. Is there any one else out there who might have heard the same story. Thanks

Tabor

Terry French (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 7:46PM GMT
The story about the Tabors coming over is the same as we have heard as to the four brothers. They came from England in 1636 to Watertown Mass. From there one went south and the rest stayed in the New England area. Im tyring to get passed Thomas Tabor who was born in 1874 His one daughter Polly maried William French in July 4, 1843. Polly was born in Fairfax VT. The big silver king was Horace Tabor. The Tabor name is all over Denver,CO. He was born in Holland, VT. He had lost his fortune in the 1890 silver crash. We have never known just how he is related to us excepted through one of those four brothers. Teine

Tabor Brothers

Posted: 18 Feb 2000 11:01AM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2001 10:07PM GMT
Terry

I am most interested in your post. I've always heard the same story. I have a Philip Tabor coming to america in 1630, married Lydia Masters in Watertown MA.
Died in Tiverton, RI. Do you know the names of these brothers? I've heard about Silver Dollar Tabor since I was a little girl, but never investigated geneology until the last few years. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tabor Brothers

Posted: 18 Feb 2000 4:31PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2003 2:39PM GMT
Shiela,
I don't know if silver dollar tabor is the same as H.A.w. Tabor but i was just in CO. and visited Leadville where the silver king tabor had his mine called the matchless mine. His name was Horace Austin Warner. I have more info on him if you want it. If this is not the same person, let me know. You can e-mail me let me know.
Juanita

Tabor Brothers

Phillip Tabor (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 5:15PM GMT
There is a Phillip Tabor in our Tabor family who came from Mass.to Fla.back in the 30s. His ancestry originated from Preston and Thomas.
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 6:31PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2001 10:07PM GMT
Yes, Juanita that is the same Tabor. I always heard he was one of the original brothers that came over along with my grandfathers family. Can't get any further than that he finally moved to Co., got rich and lost it all. I have most of the history, I'm just trying to find out what country their origin was. I have heard conflicting stories of England or Ireland.

Can you help?

Thanks.
Posted: 23 Feb 2000 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2003 2:39PM GMT
Hi Sheila, I hope this helps. Tabor his wife, Augusta, were natives of New England, so the phamplet says. They traveled to Kansas to farm then they went to CO. by covered wagon in 1859. They operated a general store, boarding house other services in mining camps. In 1860, they got gold fever went to California Gulch near Leadville CO. Opened another general store in Oro City which was the first settlement of Leadville area. The store also served as a post office. Later they moved the store to Leadville. You can e-mail me at judurham@fuse.net

Phillip Tabor

Jennifer Curry (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2000 10:25PM GMT
I was just curious to which Phillip tabor you are.

Philip Tabor

Patti-Jo Tabor (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 2:39AM GMT
Philip Alfred Tabor Son of Archie Loren Tabor and Mabelle Ranney came to Florida when he was a baby in 1920. He had a home in Gulfport for many years. He had five children, Harry, Patti-Jo, Archie, Cheryl ann and Christy Lee. If you were named after him then you are my nephew. I am Patti-Jo Tabor. I would love to hear from you. My e-mail is ke4dix@aol.com

ALtabor

tabor (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2000 1:58PM GMT
do you think that he was one of the four brothers?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions