Search for content in message boards

AFRICAN-AMERICAN

AFRICAN-AMERICAN

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 May 2006 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: BRIDGES, COMER, ZEIGLER

SEARCHING COOSA COUNTY CONNECTIONS TO:MAGGIE BRIDGES-ZEIGLER (JEAN-GENE) LIVING ALABAMA PRIOR TO 1924. HAD 2 CHILDREN DAVID,AND QUEENIE VICTORIA, QUEENIE MARRIED WALLACE COMER(1919?) OF BARBOUR CNTY,EUFAULIA

Descendents/Ancestors of Thomas Goggans, Sr.

Cecil Mayo (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Goggans, McKinney, Leonard
I am researching the Goggans/Goggins, Mckinney, and Leonard families of Coosa County Alabama. These families are all related and did live in and around Cottage Grove, Ala. Specifically, I would like any information about Thomas Goggans, Sr. who was borned about 1832 and was married to a Betsey Goggans (maiden name unknown).

Goggins, McKinneys, and Leonards

Posted: 24 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2001 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Goggins, McKinney, Leonard, Howell
My husband's great-grandmother was Sarah Goggins (Goggans) of Coosa County. She was born in December of 1836 in, I believe, Maryland. She married Edward Howell in Alabama and they had 7 children who reached adulthood:Wilson, Jadee, Sanford,Biddie, Viginia, Eugene, and Eddie. Biddie married William Leonard and Virginia married Henry Ziegler. Sanford married Florence Pearson whose sister Mary married Joseph McKinney. All of these families lived in the Cottage Grove/Nixburg/Wetumpka area. Some left for Birmingham, St. Louis, and Gary, Indiana. These families, plus the Mitchells, hold family reunions every two years. Is it possible that Sarah and Thomas were brother and sister?

Re: Descendents/Ancestors of Thomas Goggans, Sr.

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 6:24PM GMT
I am also researching this line and their decendants. if you have information I would love to share.

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: Leonard, McKinney, Goggans, Hardy, Mitchells, Marburys
I am a descendant of the Leonard & McKinney Family of Coosa County and we have Goggans. Do you have information and pictures of the family tree.

Re: Goggins, McKinneys, and Leonards

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 4:29PM GMT
I am related to these families. When is the next reunion?

Posted: 2 May 2010 7:06PM GMT
Please contact me at trish928@yahoo.com for the information on the Goggans, McKinney families. Trisha Shelton

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 7:21AM GMT
Thomas Goggans was married to Betsey Leonard daughter of Joseph Leonard and Biddy Laura ?Daniel? There kids were Ira who married Sarah Ann Leonard, Louis, Cinda, Emma, Thomas, Wesley, Lila, Anna, Rueben L, Occis, Sarah, and Rolans.

Re: Goggins, McKinneys, and Leonards

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 7:23AM GMT
Thomas Goggans was married to Betsey Leonard daughter of Joseph Leonard and Biddy Laura ?Daniel? There kids were Ira who married Sarah Ann Leonard, Louis, Cinda, Emma, Thomas, Wesley, Lila, Anna, Rueben L, Occis, Sarah, and Roland.

Posted: 21 May 2013 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Leonard and McKinney families
My father's name is Henry Louis Leonard of Anniston, Ala. His mother (Mary Eliza McKinney-Leonard), father (Joe Alonz Leonard), sister(Willard Leonard)and brother (Joe Leonard)are all deceased. I would really like to know my family from Coosa County (Rockford Al).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions