Search for content in message boards

Tillman Family - Albany NY

Tillman Family - Albany NY

Posted: 19 Jan 2011 1:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tillman, Hutchins
I am looking for information on the Tillman family of Albany in the mid-late 1700's. Specifically, I am looking for info on William Tillman and his wife Charity (Hutchins). They lived in Albany during the late 1700's, and had at least one son and several daughters, possibly including Elizabeth Trowbridge Tillman. I believe William may have been related to John Christopher Tillman (a son perhaps).

Re: Tillman Family - Albany NY

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: Tillman Trowbridge
You may have already found the info you were looking for , though, I just did a google search for an Elizabeth Tillman, who lived in NY in the late 1700's. I didn't find any info on google except your query here. I read in a family book that she was the daughter of Major Christopher Tillman and married Luther Trowbridge, a cousin of my 5th great grandmother, Mary Trowbridge Snow. The family book is a biography of my 3rd gr grandfather, Erastus F. Snow, written by my great grandmother's sister, Theresa Snow Hill. It is a historical novel, based on letters and documents collected over hundreds of years. It sounds like she was a notable person, and the name sounded familiar, thus my search.

Cheers, from CA!

Lani Davis (Lila)

Re: Tillman Family - Albany NY

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 2:26AM GMT
Lani - The Elizabeth Tillman you are talking about may be the sister of the William Tillman I mention. I believe, but have no proof, that my ancestor (possibly the daughter of William) was named after her. My ancestor was Elizabeth Trowbridge Tillman, and was born about 20 or 25 years after the Elizabeth you reference. Other children of William and Charity Tillman were baptized with Elizabeth and Luther Trowbridge as the sponsors/godparents. One of these days, I will prove up the link!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions