Search for content in message boards

Leffler/Smith/Schmitt

Leffler/Smith/Schmitt

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 12:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leffler/Smith/Schmitt/Schmidt?
Looking for a connection of a Margaret Leffler married to Jacob Smith/Schmidt/Schmitt in Northumberland County PA.

Their first child Susan was born in that county

Probably Jacob and Margaret born around 1800-1803 and married probably in the 1820's

Thank you

Re: Leffler/Smith/Schmitt

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 5:11AM GMT
I’m not sure if it helps you but the Zion Lutheran and Reformed Church (Stone Valley at Hickory Corners) baptismal records list the following:

Parents: Jacob Schmitt and wf. Margaretha
Child: Heinrich; b. Aug. 17, 1826; bapt. Oct. 8, 1826
Sponsors: Heinrich Phillips and wf. Christina

Re: Leffler/Smith/Schmitt

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:56AM GMT
Surnames: Leffler, Schmitt (Smith)
Sheryl - this is what I have in my database of Lefflers -- Margaret Leffler was the daughter of Henry Leffler and Elizabeth Kirstetter who lived in Northumberland County. Henry died about 1825 and Margaret is named in his will as is her husband. She and Jacob Schmitt had a son, Heinrich, born 17 Aug 1826 and baptized at Stone Valley Lutheran (I found this online). I have no further information on Margaret, but it is not one of the names I have gone back and done further research on. If you are a descendant, I am always willing to share information. I have more on some of Margaret's siblings. You can contact me direct at ashortnote@psbnewton.com or thru this message board.
Lora
LefflerResearcher
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions