Search for content in message boards

DIXON, Alnwick Northumberland and ROBSON, Cornhill

DIXON, Alnwick Northumberland and ROBSON, Cornhill

Posted: 26 Jan 2009 11:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2009 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Dixon, Robson
George Dixon and Mary Ann Robson married on the 9th April 1898 in the United Presbyterian Chapel, Embleton in Alnwick District, Northumberland.

George appears to have been born around 1873 in Alnwick.

George's father was also called George and appears to have been a farm labourer.

Mary's address at the time of her marriage is recorded as Christon Bank farm, Christon Bank RSO. Their marriage certificate was witnessed by John Robson and A R Dixon.

Mary's birth was around 1870 in Cornhill. Mary's father was Thomas Robson, born in Cornhill around 1851 and a farm labourer at the time of his daughter's marriage.

Re: DIXON, Alnwick Northumberland and ROBSON, Cornhill

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 10:00AM GMT

You don't say what info you are looking for ?

Do you have them on the 1901 census, in Gateshead, County Durham ( census page ref 4752-45-12 ) including Mary's father ?

Michael Dixon
Newcastle

Re: DIXON, Alnwick Northumberland and ROBSON, Cornhill

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 10:52AM GMT
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response and, you are right, I didn't say at all what I was after ! I do have the 1901 Census info (and waiting patiently for 1911 !)

I really would like to go in two directions.

First, anything that can take me further back or build on the information about the George Dixon living in Alnwick and born around 1873 - but also interested in anything to do with the Robsons from Cornhill.

Secondly, anything at all that might help me trace the Dixons beyond the 1901 Census. We do know they were still in the Gateshead area in 1920 but (due to my Grandfather being excommunicated by his family for marrying an Irish girl in Ireland) we lose all track of the family after that.

best regards

Robert
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions