Search for content in message boards

Indiana Daughertys

Indiana Daughertys

Posted: 18 Dec 2002 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on John and Salethy "Letha" Daugherty. They were both born in Tennessee but died in Indiana. They had five children who were probably born in Bartholmew Co. IN. They were Joseph,b.1844, Adaline, b. 1846, Maryland and Meredith-male twins b. 1853 and James b. 1854. Meredith is my g-grandfather and I have not been able to find where or when he died. Meredith married Margaret Catherine Hauger who died in Sullivan Co.in 1912. I believe Meredith married a second time to Martha Herr.
Meredith and Margaret Catherine had six children- Bunny Luther, b. 1874, Effie b. 1878 (my grandmother who married Robert Marratta), Mary b. 1881, Clem Elmer, b. 1884, Cora b. 1886 and Carl, b. 1887. All were born in Sullivan Co. Indiana.
Would love to find out what happened to the twins, Maryland and Meredith and have no other information on their parents John and Salethy other than John died before 1860.
Pat from California

Re: Indiana Daughertys

amy (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2003 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: daugherty
my grandfather was waldo daugherty he was born in indiana. moved to california and died at the age of 41 i have no history on him except i was told that generation's before him had changed thier last name from ramono to daugherty. he was born in 1920. thats all i know so far, hope it helps.
amy in california

Pat Wood (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2003 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty, Marratta, Hauger, Halberstadt
Amy,
I have never come across the name Waldo in my Daugherty line. Sorry we can't make a fit.
Pat

Billie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2003 6:06AM GMT
Surnames: daugherty-bell-melton
hi pat, I'm Billie Daugherty looking for joseph, jesse t. joseph married rachel bell. do you have any of them? i was told my grandfather jesse moved to cal. E-mail me at Bil1939ru@wmconnect.com. thanks

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 2:12AM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2006 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty,Dunn,Bell,Melton
Billie: Please email me. This is part of my family. I've got Joseph & Rachel's line way back. They are first cousins,by the way! Both of their mothers were Dunn sisters.

Pat Wood (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2004 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty-Marratta-Hauger-Halberstadt
I don't find any of the names you listed in my line.
Sorry.

Pat

Posted: 13 Feb 2004 3:14AM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2004 7:58PM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty,Dunn,Bell,Melton
That's ok. It helps to eliminate people,too,sometimes. I appreciate you answering.

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 7:39PM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty Romans
Amy,
I see your post is many years old, but are you still searching for information on Waldo Daugherty. I can help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions