Search for content in message boards

PATRICK CARROLL

PATRICK CARROLL

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 10:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anybody know anything about the siblings of Patrick Carroll born around 1866! He had many children and they all lived in Bessbrook (Armagh) on Hill Street (Quarry Hill). Some of his children were Daniel,James, Catherine, Annie, Gertrude, Mary, Bernard, Patrick, Lucy, Margret. I have not been able to find out anything about his siblings. His wife was named Marianne (Mary) Deighan and his father was James Carroll, but I can find nothing about his siblings or mother. Any help would be greatly appreciated Kevin Carroll

Re: PATRICK CARROLL

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll
Hi Kevin
I had a look at Patrick Carroll births from 1864 to 1874 when I was at the NI Registry Office for you. The only one with a father called james was 23 Oct 1873 at Ennislare. Father was James Carroll (a farmer) and the mother was Catherine, nee McKenna.

A quick search of other births showed 3 siblings - Mary Jane born 29 Sep 1868, Sarah born 12 Jan 1871 & Patrick born 23 Oct 1873. All were registered in Armagh district.

Hopefully that gives you enough to see if it fits in with what you have.
Best of Luck
David
http://www.emeraldancestors.com

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 8:03PM GMT
WOW!! That was incredibly nice of you!!!! Unfortunately I dont think it is the right Patrick Carroll. My great grandfather was born in Bessbrook. He married Mary Deighan at the RC Chapel of Newry on 10/11/86. I found this in FHL Film 101255, Vol 1 Page 1019. When I sent away for the marriage record, Patrick's father was listed as James Carroll, an artisan. The Patrick Carroll that you found would have been too young to be married in 1886. He can be found in the 1901 and 1911 census living on Hill Street (Quarry Row) in Bessbrook. I am so appreciative that you took the time to look that up for me. Kevin B. Carroll Hartford, Connecticut.

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 4:46PM GMT
David, If there is no record of a Patrick Carroll being born around 1866 with a father named James Carroll, is it likely that he was not born in Armagh? His Wife Marianne Deighan was from Louth. Maybe that is where he was from originally? What do you think? Kevin

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 6:30PM GMT
Kevin
That's a possibilty. The records I looked at were at the NI registry office so would only have covered the 6 counties of Northern Ireland. If he was born across the border in Louth or Monaghan then it wouldn't come up.

The Carroll name does appear to be more frequent in Louth than Armagh judging by Griffiths valuation.

Sorry but I don't have ready access to the same records for Louth so can't help with checking that option.
Regards
David
http://www.emeraldancestors.com

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 6:46PM GMT
David, I would never want you to look any of that info up!! I appreciated very much what you have done for me. I was just picking your brain if you thought that perhaps Patrick may have been born in Louth or Monaghan. I find Patrick Carrolls with his birthdte and a father named James in both those counties as well as Leitrim kevin

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 2:13PM GMT
I just wanted to thank you for looking that up for me. I sent away for Patricks marriage certificate and it listed his Father as James and his Mother as Marianne Deighan. She was born in Louth so maybe James was original born there as well. His occupation was listed as Artisan Thanks kevin

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll
Hi Kevin
That's great you are making progress. It's not a hobby for the impatient!!
The civil registration indexes for the whole of ireland are listed on the familysearch website if you have the patience to drill down the locations and find the right database. It might at least give you a few possibles that you could then follow up on.
Best of Luck
David
http://www.emeraldancestors.com/

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 1:01PM GMT
David Thank you for responding! I did not know of familysearch. I signed up today. I now know of three of my grandfathers siblings who all immigrated to NYC. They all had large families and despite all living in Manhattan never had anything to do with each other and, as a consequence, their offspring knew nothing about each other. We have all reconnected now, but I cant find anything about the other 5 who I think remained in Ireland. That is my current project Thanks you for the advise again Kevin carroll Hartford CT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions