Search for content in message boards

Reuben Wright of Maury Cty, Tn

Reuben Wright of Maury Cty, Tn

velma (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2006 11:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Reuben R Wright b: 1801/1807
On the Maury Cty, Tn census 1850, 1860 & 1880.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Reuben Wright of Maury Cty, Tn

Juanita Wheeler (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2006 6:24AM GMT
I am also searching for Reuben Wright. He was my great-granddad. He was from Smith Co. TX. He had a brother and possible two sisters, and their names were Laura and Sarah. I know that Reuben's parents names were Bryant and Maria Wright. Bryant was from Ga and Maria was from VA. Do you have any of these names in your research? I know that Reuben was a Minister.
Trying to put this line of Wrights in order.
Thanks for listening
Juanita

Posted: 28 Sep 2006 6:26AM GMT
I just posted a message and I forgot to put the brother's name. His name was Jackson Wright. Sorry!!
Juanita

velma (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2006 4:28PM GMT
Sorry, I don't have any of those names. My Reuben never left
Tn. He had two sons that went to Texas, but I don't find those
name in there families either.
Thank you Velma

Posted: 28 Sep 2006 5:46PM GMT
Thanks for your reply.
Juanita

Seeking James Wright, son of Reuben Wright of Maury, Tn

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 9:19PM GMT
Surnames: GLENN KITTRELL WRIGHT
I've read Griffin Wright + Delphia Glenn were the parents of Gideon Wright b: 1776-1777 Cumberland, VA.
..Gideon Wright married 17 Nov 1805 Granville, NC Nancy Kittrell b: 1786 Granville, NC. Gideon Wright + Nancy Kittrell had at least 8 children:
...Malvina R. Wright b: 1807 NC
...James Wright* b: abt 1811 Granville, NC
...Mary Wright b: abt 1817 NC
...Martha Wright b: abt 1822 NC
...Valesa Wright b: abt 1826 NC
...Mildred Wright b: abt 1829 TN
...Archibald Wright b: abt 1830 TN
...Madelaide Wright b: abt 1836 TN

*Any information on James Wright b: abt. 1811 NC will be appreciated.

Re: Seeking James Wright, son of Reuben Wright of Maury, Tn

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: WRIGHT
Viofam11:

The following is what I have on James Wright, the son of 1856 (year of death) Gideon Wright of Maury County, TN, (place of death), who apparently did not marry and had no children. This is taken from a draft of Sorting Some Of The Wrights Of Southern Virginia, Part IX: 1769 George Wright of Essex County:

e. James Wright

James Wright was a son of 1856 Gideon Wright of Maury County, Tennessee, and Nancy (Kittrell) Wright. (1769 George1, 1816 Griffin2, 1856 Gideon3)

On December 4, 1918, at Maury County, Tennessee, Chancery File VS-2171, a report on the division of the land of Gideon Wright was filed which identified James Wright as a child of Gideon and Nancy Wright:

“October Term, 4th Day of December 1918
. . . .
Miss Mildred Wright,
VS-#2171, Decree
Josh Wright, et al,
. . . .
2nd. There were fifteen original heirs of Gideon and Nancy Wright, and all of them are dead except the Complainant, Mildred Wright, and they are as follows:
. . . .
(5) James Wright, who died without heirs.
. . . .
That diligent search has been made for the unknown heirs and none of them have been heard from for years past, although inquiry and diligent search has been made by relatives for the past number of years, without success, and it is not known whether they are living or dead, or how many there are, or the ages of them.
. . . .
Respectfully submitted,
Mora B. Pariss, C.& M.
. . . ."

On January 2, 1919, at Maury County, Tennessee, Chancery File VS-2171, the court entered its order confirming the sale of the land of Gideon Wright and the division of the proceeds among the heirs, including Wright:

“Minutes, Maury Chancery Court
Thursday January 2nd 1919.
. . . .
Miss Mildred Wright,
VS-#2171, Decree on Report
Josh Wright, et al,
. . . .
It is further ordered, adjudged and decreed by the Court that all the right, title, claim and interest of whatsoever nature or kind that the Complainant, Miss Mildred Wright, and of the defendants, Josh Wright, Jr., Jno. W. Wright, C. A. Wright, Louise Thomas Smith, Martha A. Neely, Carrie Neely, and the three children of the said Carrie Neely, whose names, ages, and residences are unknown, the above named being all the heirs of Josh K. Wright; Mary Wright, and Gideon Wright, the surviving children of Griffin Wright; the two or three children of William Wright, whose names ages, and residences are unknown; Susan Ricketts, and two children of Lollie Hall, deceased, whose names and residences are unknown, Thomas Hall, Madison Hall, and the five children of Annie Hall Nowlin, deceased, whose names, ages, and residences are unknown; Gid Wright, Willie Wright, Maggie Wright Brooks, children of Jno. Wright, deceased; the two or three children of Robert Wright, dec’d, whose names and residences are unknown; the several children of Archibald Wright, dec’d, whose names and residences are unknown, and the unknown heirs of any and all of the children of Gideon and Nancy Wright, and the unknown minors of any of the parties to this cause, said Complainants and defendants being all the surviving children and heirs at law of Gideon and Nancy Wright, parents of the Complainant Miss Mildred Wright,- in and to said land be divested out of them and each and all of them and vested in the purchaser, the Charleston (S.C.) Mining & Manufacturing Company, a corporation. Said land is described as follows:- Situated in the old 11th, now 6th, Civil District of Maury County, Tennessee, bounded and described as follows: on the North by the lands of M. E. Wheeler, on the East by Mr. Pleasant and Enterprise road, on the South by the lands of M. E. Wheeler, and on the West by the Charleston Mining & Manufacturing Company’s lands, containing 64 acres, more or less.
. . . .”

On May 9, 1919, at Maury County, Tennessee, Chancery Ct.O.B. 46/645, a further report of the heirs of Gideon and Nancy Wright was filed, including James Wright:
“Minutes, Maury Chancery Court
. . . .
Miss Mildred Wright,
VS-#2171, Decree on Report
Josh Wright, et al,
. . . .
The said Gideon and Nancy Wright had the following named other children who died leaving no children surviving them, they never having married, James Wright, Thomas Wright, Martha Wright, and Mary Wright, and the following other named children who had married but died leaving no children, Valera Wright Burkett, Madelade Wright Winterich.
. . . .”

Could you explain how you determined that this James Wright was born in 1811?

I will be happy to exchange information with you and other interested researchers on this Wright line.

Robert N. Grant
15 Campo Bello Court
Menlo Park, CA 94025
RNGrant@grantandgordon.com

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 10:45PM GMT
Thanks for the quick reply. The line "(5) James Wright, who died without heirs" tells me this James Wright was NOT my ancestor.

I entered "James Wright", "birth", "1811" and "North Carolina, USA" in the ancestry.com public trees search.
It returned this James Wright as the first result, with the 1811 date of birth and Granville, NC as place of birth.

My ancestor, James B. Wright's 1870 census record, is listed second.

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 12:47PM GMT
Robert - hi. Just came across your message regarding a 'Nancy Kittrel'. An excellent read. For a moment, my heart stood still - thinking perhaps I'd finally found the parents of my Cary [or Caroline] Kittrell, 2nd wife of Richard Wright, Jr.

Sadly, in reading the information, Caroline [or by any other name] was not among those children listed. Perhaps a niece/cousin somewhere in that Kittrell line? I don't know. I do believe that the distance he went looking for another wife, after Nancy Morgan died, is plausible to have been Granville County.

Perhaps someday........

Thanks for the post.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions