Fulton and Sleeth - County Armagh to Philadelphia

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 2:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fulton Sleeth
I'm looking for any descendents of the following:

Sarah Fulton
Minnie Fulton
Maggie Fulton

Sarah, Maggie and Minnie were the sisters of my grandfather, William Fulton. These four were the only children of James Fulton and Mary Fulton (formerly Donaldson) of Newtownhamilton, Co Armagh and below is all the information I have:

Sarah Fulton (born c.1880) married Robert Sleeth (born c.1878) on 27 March 1900 at Armagh Civil Registrars office.
They had a son, William born c.1900 in Co Armagh.
Sarah and Robert travelled to Philadelphia in Nov.1903 on the SS Furnessia, however their son William did not join them to 1906. The address they were going to in Philadelphia was “Mathew Geddes – Friend – 2133 S 10th Street”

In 1906 Robert Sleeth visits Ireland and on his return journey in November, on the SS Caledonia, he is accompanied by his son William Sleeth, now aged 6, and Maggie Fulton aged 14 (born c.1892). The address given in Philadelphia was 2118, North Warnock St.

Robert and Sarah Sleeth had one further child, Mary Sleeth, born c.1906 in Philadelphia.

Sarah dies at some stage prior to 1920, as Robert is listed on the 1920 US census as a widower.

Also, In 1904 Minnie Fulton (born c.1884) emigrates to Philadelphia.

Also I believe that Sarah Eliza Fulton, born in Co Armagh c.1904, emigrated to Philadelphia at some stage after 1911 (she appears in the 1911 Irish Census as living with her grandparents - she is most likely the daughter of Minnie Fulton). It is possible that she did not emigrate until the 1920s. She may have been known as Lizzy or Liza and I am fairly sure she still lived in the Philadelphia area in the late 1950s

Any info would be much appreciated
Thanks

Re: Fulton and Sleeth - County Armagh to Philadelphia

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 5:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
You could try writing to the two Sleeth listed in the
Northern Ireland telephone book, both Armagh, full addresses and postal codes provided. There are way to many Fulton's.

Annette Code
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions