Search for content in message boards

Media Categories

Media Categories

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 6:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
I added many pictures to my Media file before I understood about Categories. Is there some way I can put my pictures in the proper categories without deleting my pictures and starting from scratch?

Re: Media Categories

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 7:52PM GMT
It might help if you were explain on "How" you did do this?

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 8:00PM GMT
You can select each individual image and create a category link but it is too bad that you cannot select multiple images and categorize them at one time.

Regards,

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 8:54PM GMT
You can in 2012 and 2014 - simply ctrl+click the items, right click and choose categorize media.

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 10:25PM GMT
For whatever it is worth, I have meticulously checked the category for each media item that I have added over the years.

And... I have never found a use for them.

If you have a reason to have media in categories, go ahead with this project; but before you do: Will you really use them?

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 10:56PM GMT
You are correct. One would think shift-selecting and select "Edit" would be the same thing.

Regards,

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 11:05PM GMT
I would add to silverfox's comment - at least in FTM 2012, the process is excruciatingly slow and usually leads to a memory outage and crash. I've stopped using it for that reason.

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 11:15PM GMT
Examples of use:

I want to see all media that are obituaries, newspaper articles, etc. It works well for these types of searches.

Regards,

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 11:16PM GMT
The 64-bit version runs pretty well (since I was told about selecting media and alt-mouse select versus the "Edit" button.)

Regards,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic