Search for content in message boards

Reverend Francis King (Abbey Leix)

Reverend Francis King (Abbey Leix)

Posted: 20 Sep 2005 1:59PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: King
Have a Bible presented to Rev King from members of the Parish of Abbey Leix in 1849, including Lord de Vesci.
Would like to pass this bible on to a descendant.
Wife was Jane Jelly,
Children were Jane/Sarah/Alice/Francis/Robert/Alice/Joseph/Henry/Edith/
Robert

Re: Reverend Francis King (Abbey Leix)

Posted: 12 Nov 2007 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Anne

Rev Francis King was my Great Great Grandfather. His daughter Edith married Adam Murrey at St Patricks in Newry, their daughter also Edith (Eileen) married Wilfred Hague who had my Dad Terrence Hague. I'm the daughter of Terrence Helen Hague now Helen Stupple.

Both my brother and I are reseaching this side of our family tree. Does the bible give any information about Jane Jelly's father Rev Robert Jelly (of the French Church Portarlington?). I know you posted this message a long time ago but please if you can help in any way.

Thank you so much.

Helen Stupple

Posted: 9 Dec 2007 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: King
I am a greatgrandson of Francis King through his son Joseph William. Joseph's son was Joseph William King II and I am Dr Joseph William King III. (My son, incidentally, is Dr Joseph William King IV.) I know that Francis was at Abbey Leix before he went to Ireland where he later became Archdeacon of Dromore. If the Bible is still available I would be desperately keen to obtain it and pay whatever it costs to send it by some form of insured shipping or postage. I was most interested to read your message and hope that you will please reply to my message. Many thanks indeed, Joe King (Dr J.W. King, 8 Potters Cross, Iver, Buckinghamshire, SL0 0BS, England).

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 1:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Dr King,
Am researching my heritage - according to the limited information that I have I am the great grandson of Joseph William King (1.7.1854 - 31.8.1901) who came out to S.Africa in the late 1800's. According to my records he was the son of Reverend Francis King who was the rector of St Patricks Church in Newry, Ireland in the 1880's. He married a Barbara Marshall and also had a son Joe King. All rather confusing so not sure if there is a link? Perhaps you can help ? Regards Charles Muller ( charles59@mweb.co.za )
per page

Find a board about a specific topic